Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 144 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Hello,

I wouldn't worry much about the collars - I have seen bigger faux pas made by veterans themselves (actually got somewhere picture of a veteran from the same unit - 1PAMot - wearing service dress with mismatched collar tabs). Ribbon order indeed strange. VM ribbon bar with star was commonly used as replacement for Wound Decoration, if that so it is in right place. The 1939 - 1945 Star probably was the last in the middle row, and then was reattached to the first position middle row, maybe to replace some damaged ribbon of Polish decoration. Generally looks like they were re-ordered later. If he was VM recipient he could wear the actual VM cross sewn to the uniform next to the ribbons.

We all know collector market is a real mine field but let's not get too paranoid about every small detail.

Regards
    Tom

?

Gentlemen, any thoughts on this?

Hello Esco,

Can I correctly assume that the uniform belonged to Chorazy (Warrant Officer) 780247 Antoni Palul, served with 305 Squadron and 16SFTS awarded the KW with 2 Bars and the British Air Force Cross in 1945.

The only reservation I have is over the ribbon bars if awarded the Air Crew Europe Star he would have had the France and Germany Bar with a rosette worn on the ribbon also the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal ribbon unusual to see on a Polish Uniform.

Anyway hopefully some one more knowledgeable will post their thoughts.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzej,

I am afraid this uniform belonged to Lt. Fake Cheatowski

1. Seller does not know the name of the pilot or virtually any information which makes the item traceable.
    2. This is RCAF uniform, I have no information about any Polish pilot flying in RCAF wearing PAF insignia at the same time
    3. The cap eagle is a cheap copy - can be find here: POLISH AIR FORCE CAP BADGE. POLISH AIR FORCE ( BULLION WIRE ). | eBay
    4. The back of the pilot wing below:

But looks nice, I mean somebody really put a lot of work into this fake.

Regards
    Tom

Definitely a badged up set. Perhaps listed as a re-enactors uniform? In addition to Tom's points, the pilots wings are Polish communist era, and shoulder titles and sleeve WO patches are modern reproductions.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Gentlemen

Any thoughts on this supposedlyExtremely Rare Warsaw Uprising 1944 Cap Badge?

EXTREMELY RARE WARSAW UPRISING 1944 CAP BADGE | eBay

This person is selling a lot of Polish items with very high price tags

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

It's a seldom seen eagle about which little is known. Zawistowski 1919-1939 and the recent Banaszkiewicz collection books both omit this variant. Both books include section on Underground Resistance hat eagles and this one is not shown.

The one pictured below was labeled by the seller as being pre-WW2 vintage originating from a Lwow maker.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thanks Tony, That's very helpful. So it is a prewar variant.

All the best

James

Hi James. You're most welcome. Although we don't know for certain when it was produced. That was only the claim made by the seller of the eagle pictured.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello Everyone,

Just in case you have not seen my post on the Monte Cassino Cross group for an Officer Kpt Antoni Monsior that sold on ebay last night :

Not only this display but folders containing his service in the Polish Army from 1918 including his Legitymacja and over a 100 photographs.

It sold last night for £15,090.00p which is 72,404 PLN (Polish Zloty), $18,340.00 (USD), 24,627 CAD,

Congratulations to the winning bidder, you never know it might have been one of our Forum members ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 96 of 144 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast