Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 144 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

James, your spider senses are tingling for good reason. Collar tabs are bad fakes. Badges are copies. Shoulder titles look surplus unissued type commonly seen on the market, and by default could be assumed to have been added at the same time as the tabs. But the photos do show a recent stitch job as titles mounted 70 years ago will sit much flatter. Another in the seemingly endless parade of Polish Para BD stinkers.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony, I thought so. The sad thing is that someone is going to end up paying mega bucks for this. J

Hi James, yes, probably so. Another expensive mistake. As all of us here on the WRF know, anyone who has not done their homework is taking a terrible risk dabbling in this hobby. It seems that for many it’s easier to spend money than to put in the study time.

If you do watch the auction please let us know what this “składak” fetches.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hello,

Does anyone have opinions on these two medals? I was looking for a British Spink manufacture version that would have been awarded to the 2nd Corps.

Are they both original? Why is one ribbon much lighter than the other?

Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hello Ptak,

Both are good. There were several ribbon types used with the British made version of the Polish Army Medal for War 1939-45, of which many thousands were issued.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thank you for your quick response,

I presume this was simply because of variation in available materials?

These were awarded in 1946-47 correct?

if you do a search you will find details of the various manufacturers

Hello Ptak,

The Army Medal for the 2nd Polish Corps was awarded to troops between 1946-1948, the best place to obtain any further information would be the PISM in London.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Sold for £200 so not a lot of money lost - luckily for someone. Your advice must have helped Tony so thanks.

I would deduce that anybody believing that they could acquire an original 1 SBS or the ilk battledress blouse for £200 would be incapable of seeing the wood from the trees. One of the drawbacks of buying from auction houses is the old adage ' Caveat Emptor'. For them it is a case of in and out and Devil take the hindmost. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! the Barmy Swami
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Page 99 of 144 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast