Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Berets

Article about: Hello, I have seen some blue berets associated with Polish uniforms.Is there any significance to these colours or are they a collector affection?Also are the 4 piece Gelfer made pieces the o

Default General Service Cap

Here’s a new addition to the “beret” shelf . . . although technically a General Service cap and not a beret.

(click on photos to magnify in new window)
    Berets

The text in the faded maker stamp remains just barely discernable: J. Collett Ltd. London, size 7 1/8 and date 1945. There’s also traces of the British War Department stamp off to the side.

Berets

Berets

The corporal rank is marked using two brass bars with red cloth backing.

Berets

Berets

Eagle badge is one of the cast versions produced in the near east.

Berets

Unfortunately, the unit badge (mounted the prescribed 5cm to the left of the eagle) was missing from this cap when obtained. A picture of the inside clearly shows the evidence of a badge fastener but the camera doesn't to catch the ‘shadow’ on the exterior, or the overall wear on the cap for that matter which didn't translate in the digital photo. There are discernable traces of the badge that resided there, but insufficient to get a positive ID on which one it was:

Berets

Member Piwo's collection contains this fine original example from the 15th Wilenski Rifles Battalion which served as suitable inspiration:

Berets

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berets  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

WW2 Polish Armoured Division Officers Beret Captain Bullion Insignia KANGOL | eBay

Polish beret on ebay.

- - ------- - -

The beret itself looks like a genuine Kangol beret, WD code is correct for 1945.

Some pics for the record. Agreed, the base beret itself appears genuine. The question is how original the insignia is to the beret - ??. Despite the claims that it is an “untouched piece”, I know first-hand that it is exactly this that needs to be watched for with this seller. You’ve been forewarned.

Berets

Berets

Berets

Berets

Berets

Berets

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Worth adding to the thread, a good looking 12th Podolski Lancers captain's beret boasting an A.Stanley & Sons, Walsall economy plastic eagle. Sold in the past few days for a surprisingly strong price.

Berets

Berets

Berets

Berets

Berets

Regards,
    Toony

Abe
    ?

Hi everyone,
    New to the forum and love all the great posts!!!! Had a question about a Polish beret I have had in my collection for a long time. Any information would be gratly appreciated. I have had trouble finding much information on the badges and beret. Thanks, AbeBeretsBeretsBerets

Abe
    ?

Up for grabs!! Thining out the collection!! WWII Polish Beret Poland Military Badge Pin Hat WW2 | eBay

Abe - welcome!
    The hat (beret) is relatively interesting. Looks like it belonged to NCO who served in units of Military Police of 2nd Polish Cor. The small badge - was made some time after 1945 by Lorioli of Italy. Eagle is very interesting - i would love to see the close up quality pictures of avers and revers (it may be it is a 1st Syrian verion of SBSK Eagle).
    The trick here is knowledge of timing of various events. If i remember correctly - 2nd Core was relocated to UK in 46 / 47 progressively. Therefore, i would not be too excite as - i am almost sure - the beret was either assembled (perhaps by a veteran) or dates back to time when 2nd Core arrived in UK - as prior that point the units of the 2nd Core used the British Khaki "general service beret".
    Hope it help.

Quote by Abe View Post
    Up for grabs!! Thining out the collection!! WWII Polish Beret Poland Military Badge Pin Hat WW2 | eBay

Abe
    ?

Thanks for the information! My collection does not consist of much Polish items as I find it is hard to find much reference. Here is a picture of reverse eagle.Berets

Beret looks very good, as almost hardly used, however the stamps inside are gone, or there were none to begin with. Private purchase perhaps ? No way to tell without inside stamps.....
    But the lack of stamps points to post War, now how Post who knows > could be 1950's, 1960's, 1970's.....
    Insignia looks genuine.

BeretsBeretsBerets

Here is a copy of beret selling on Allegro now. Seller calls it true copy. One to look out for in future.... with some aging and good insignia it will fool many people.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast