Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Article about: Hello, I have seen some blue berets associated with Polish uniforms.Is there any significance to these colours or are they a collector affection?Also are the 4 piece Gelfer made pieces the o

Thank you Tony for sharing such a fantastic piece! I have never seen such a beautiful pre-WW2 Polish beret.
    Comming back to my beret - has anyone came across a beret withouth the liner and a sweatband? Mine appears to never have a liner inside...

Miko, yeah, that is an amazing survivor. Without a doubt one of the rarer IIRP headwear.

As to your question, I canít say Iíve ever seen a legitimate military issue beret without liner. Iím not sure about the Polish worn 1939-40 French issue berets though. More research required here. I do know that removal of date marked liners on post war issue berets is a trick used on ďskładakiĒ. Always a warning sign.

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is not a pre-war Polish Armoured beret, if original I would lean towards Polish Armoured Brigade in France. The berets the Poles wore in France were bigger in shape then the pre-war ones which were meant to fit the head tight, just like in the photo Tony posted, the tight berets were also worn by the Polish Air Force.
    There was a pre-war black beret which was a bigger one and this was worn by Anti-Aircraft units.

I know some boys discussed this beret on the Polish militaria Facebook page and they agreed the eagle is a English made one, which begs to ask why on earth would a high ranking officer do this in England if you are being issued British Armoured berets.
    Without a makers mark inside the beret I would lean towards it being a made up beret sorry to say.

I have only two berets PSZ .
    This is first, in my collection around 5-7 years
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_AAC2144a.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	955414
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_AAC2145.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	955415