Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Books

Article about: Hi all, My partial reference book list which I have limited to English language editions only. It is a mix of out-of-print and more recent — Cazalet, V.A., With Sikorski to Russia, Lon

Default Re: Books

To finish up, General Kukiel’s interesting forward to the book along with the title page, one of the full page colour plates depicting the contemporary exile forces of the time, etc . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books   Books  

Books   Books  

Books  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    I believe these books were not proposed, or I didn’t see them.
    They all are about 1rst Polish Armored Division.

Book from 8th batallion :

Book from 1rst Armored Regiment :

Book from the Engeeners :

Oups... I have préfered to delete the picture, it is absolutely too big and I can't reduce it... If Tony Zawadzki wants to send me a mail, I will send him the picture for him to propose on the forum.... I am not very gifted with Internet... I am sorry.

Best regards.
    ZP

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Hello,
    I believe these books were not proposed, or I didn’t see them.
    They all are about 1rst Polish Armored Division.

Book from 8th batallion :

Book from 1rst Armored Regiment :
    Rare books. Thanks for sharing!

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Book from the Engineers :
    Image resized as per your request ZP

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony !
    I am not gifted with a computer...
    ZP

?

Here are three books on Monte Cassino.

I have never seen them all with their dust jackets intact. It is interesting to see the the 12th Geographical Company designed the covers.

I recently visited Chicago and stopped in to visit with Jan Lorys the Director of the Polish Museum of America (PMA).

I took this photo in the library of the Polish Museum of America. They have over 60,000 books there for researchers.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit Chicago...go there.....more importantly support the PMA. Every member of this forum should become members of the PMA.....NOW! For a mere $45 you can be come a member and receive their newsletter and be apprised of all exhibits and shows.

It is our heritage in the flesh and open daily for the world to see and learn.

They will be hosting a poster exhibit this Spring. They have recently published a catalog of their holdings. This museum is rich with the history and heritage of Poland and it people.....here and around the world.

I believe that we collectors who will spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on acquiring artifacts need and MUST support the PMA. Plus we do not own our collections..we merely are their keepers.....tomorrow we will return to the earth.....but we can preserve out past by donating and lending and sharing our collections with the PMA and the world.

I prepose that we all offer parts of our collection to the museum to help them fill out areas that they need to better represent.....WWI lasted Polish/Bolshevik War 3 years.......WWII lasted 6 years......Poland's history is thousands of years old....let us all support it.

What if we all chose to lend them out best for a world class Polish militaria show in the future? Collectors and historians from around the world would visit the museum and buy the catalog and support our past. We would tell the world of Polands sacrifices and commitment....." For Your Freedom and Ours".

Yes, the PMA is in my will. My collection will not decimated by greedy dealers and auctions houses who's only interest is a return on their commission.

cheers,

Piwo

Books  

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    Here are three books on Monte Cassino.
    I have never seen them all with their dust jackets intact. It is interesting to see the the 12th Geographical Company designed the covers.
    Piwo
    Hi Piwo,

Excellent sentiments in your post

Funding of all of the various Polish museums and institutes (not just in the US and UK) is mostly by public donation and many are run by volunteer staff so it is important for us all to make sure that the "official guardians" of our (Polish) heritage are supported in any way we can. Often they don't have the funds or equally importantly the space to display the holdings that they actually have at the present time let alone dealing with newly loaned or bequeathed artifacts.

The Monte Cassino book jackets I believe were actually designed by Stanisław Gliwa who also designed and illustrated many 2PolCorps books. He also designed the interior layouts of books and maps.

12th Geographical Company were most likely responsible for printing the books; Polish "Druk" is printing.

Stanisław Gliwa is one of my favourite wartime soldier-artists and interestingly was an early member of “Szczep Rogate Serce” or Tribe of the Horned Heart the pagan artistic movement founded in 1929 by Stanisław Szukalski.

The "Tribe of the Horned Heart" consisted of Polish artists who sought inspiration in the pagan, pre-Christian history of Poland. Their motto was “Miłować, walczyć” (Love and Fight) and was active until 1936, during which time they published a newsletter and created nationwide exhibitions of their work.

Books

In 1935 Szukalski designed the “Toporzeł” (Axeagle) an emblem of Poland reborn.

Books

The axe-eagle symbol Szukalski designed in 1935 was used by the the “Zadruga” Movement of Polish Nationalists which was active between 1937 and 1947. Zadruga rejected Christianity as “alien to the Slavic spirit.” A fascination with racism and the cult of the leader was a noticeable characteristic of the group. Jan Stachniuk (“Stoigniew”) was the leader and author of the ideological History Without History (Warsaw: Zadruga, 1939). "Zadruga" was resurrected in Poland during recent years as neo-fascist faction/organisation.

Szukalski also developed the pseudoscientific-historical theory of Zermatism, positing that all human culture was derived from post-deluge Easter Island and that mankind was locked in an eternal struggle with the Sons of Yeti ("Yetinsyny"), the offspring of Yeti and humans.

Stanisław Gliwa at work—courtesy PISM

Books

Books

Books

Books

Books

Books

Books
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books  
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-09-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here are some books that used to belong to Por Ryszard Bietkowski, Polish Parachute Brigade, badge #2058, wreath #825, he jumped into Arnhem.

Books  

More books:

Books   Books  

Some more books of Por Bietkowski.

Books   Books  

Last one...