Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Books

Article about: Hi all, My partial reference book list which I have limited to English language editions only. It is a mix of out-of-print and more recent — Cazalet, V.A., With Sikorski to Russia, Lon

?

Chris,

I cannot answer that questions. It may have been artistic license......or unfamiliarity with what the Poles flew by the illustrator.
    The music was printed in the US by J. Gapsinski, 814 N. Ashland Avenue Chicago, Illinois 22
    cost 50 cents

cheers,
    Piwo
    Last edited by Piwo2; 02-18-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Chris,

In answer to your question B-24's (III, V, VI, Variants) where flown by 1586 Special Operations Flight (made up from 300 Squadron Personnel), they dropped Supplies to the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and flew other missions to occupied Poland.

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Thanks, was aware of B-24's flown by 1586, doesn't explain the B-25 on the cover?

Chris.....

?

Default Wartime Publications in England

Here are a few books from collection with one post-war album of some 69 Polish Airmen.

Piwo

BooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooksBooks

?

Default Dying We Live, Julian Kulski

I bought this book in 1994. I spoke with the author at the time in Orlean, Virginia and he was very surprised to learn I had just bought his book. It was published in 1979 and was long out of print. I asked if he would autograph it if I sent it to him, he graciously agreed and told me that he didn't even own a copy of the book himself. Dr. Kulski had set up a successful architectural practice in Virginia just west of Washington DC.

I returned to Zubal's Books in Cleveland where I had bought it and purchased the five remaining copies of the book and sent them all to Dr. Kulski. I only asked if he would sign one copy for me and keep the rest. He did that and paid me for the books I had sent him.

Now today I see that there is another new book out on him. It is featured by Aquila Polonica Publishing. here is there web link:
    2013-1-27USHMM

And now there is a new book on his life in Warsaw during the Nazi Occupation: The Color of Courage A Boy at War The Wolrd War Two Diary of Julian Kulski.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Another link for Dr. Kulski being promoted and recognized by the Polish Government in 2012.
    Private Julian Kulski promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant of Poland

Below is the link ot the Polish Embassy web site on Dr. Kulski

Julian Kulski: Architect | Author | Warsaw Uprising Soldier

BooksBooksBooks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books  
    Last edited by Piwo2; 03-14-2014 at 02:52 AM.

nice pickup today, tenner a piece. mind you lost out. original price inside dust cover, 6/6 ! six shillings and sixpence or in todays market, 32p thereabouts. in the Bologna book, nice shot of a police jeep with German feldgendarmerie gorget and police badges adorning the grille
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Books  

Congrats. The original dust covers are a nice bonus. Both are very good reads. The author, 2nd Lt. Marek Swiecicki was decorated with the Polish Cross of Valor, among others. His career: editor, Dekada, Iskra (news agency), Warsaw (Poland), 1935-38; reporter, Paris (France), 1939, war correspondent, Western and Italian fronts, 1944-45, Polish Telegraph Agency; editor, Polish Daily, Soldiers Daily, Glasgow, London (United Kingdom), 1943-52; chief department, Radio Free Europe, Munich (Germany), 1952-56, senior editor, Voice of America, Munich and Washington (DC), 1956-94.

Here's the photo you mention, and one other showing captured souvenirs.

Books

Books

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi all,

I am looking for information on a collection of books published, most likely by the Polish government, with respect to the events which occurred at Monte Cassino. A relative of mine was in possession of them, as he fought at Monte Cassino, but unfortunately they have been lost. What I can remember is that they came in three volumes and covered all aspects of Monte Cassino, including the men who fought there. If anyone has any information as to where to request copies, or images of the books themselves, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks so much,

Hello Badowib,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the Author of the Books in question was Melchior Wankowicz who published his 3 Volume work "Bitwa o Monte Cassino", unfortunately I do not have these but they are available on the Internet.

I have included photographs of the Hardback and the Paperback editions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Books

Hardback Editions

Books

Paperback Editions

Hello badowib and welcome to the forum. You are likely asking about this well known three volume set authored by Melchior Wańkowicz. The set was published in Rome between 1945 and 1947. If you scan the web you may be able to find set for sale.

Books

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Oops, crossposting with my fellow moderator! I am working off my iPad which is far slower than my desktop at home.

Cheers, Tony

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast