Breast Badges listings ?

Article about: Hello, Some of the polish breast badges are numbered. I know it is possible tio get the name for a soldier of 9th Flanders Batallion, or for the Para Brigade for example with his breast badg

Default Breast Badges listings ?

Hello,
    Some of the polish breast badges are numbered.
    I know it is possible tio get the name for a soldier of 9th Flanders Batallion, or for the Para Brigade for example with his breast badge.
    In your opinion, would it be possible to get the name with a 2nd Corps breast badge ?
    Thank you.
    Ze-Pole

Default Re: Breast Badges listings ?

Ooops !
    I forgot to ask the same question with the 8th Braban Rifles batallion !
    Thank you.
    ZP

?

Ze-Pole,
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is a partial listing of the 2nd Corp Badge recipients ...
    (Baring in mind the high number that were issued, I would be surprised if the whole list survived !)
    I would suspect andrzejku98 would be the best bet to answer this

Gary J,

Thank you Gary,
    If Andrzejku98 reads this post ?
    I look for informatons about this numbered badge : 12345 or 14345, difficult to see.

If some of you want to know the name for their 9th Flanders Batallion's breast badges, with pleassure I will give the information.
    Friendly.
    Ze-Pole

Hi Ze-Pole,

Yes the question of the 2nd Corps Badge?, I have a few with their Legitymacja's, but I also have quite a few without their Legitymacja's. When I was down in London back in 1997 and was speaking with Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz, I asked him the very same question "where there any lists for the recipients of the 2nd Corps Badge, unfortunately his answer was no there where not any lists kept, listing the recipients of the 2nd Corps Badge.

The list would be massive with well over a 100,000 badges awarded the highesst number that I have is: 105996 awarded to Sierz Pawel Wruk 5th Heavy Machine Gun Battalion, 5KDP.

Then I have another awarded to the same Battalion Nr: 055068 awarded to St.Strz. Wladyslaw Lesniak.

Having looked through some of the Companies and Battalion Histories they only list the names of those who received the Badge but with no correpsonding Badge Numbers.

You could try the Sikorski Museum again, the amount of paperwork that they store is mind blowing when you go into Dr Suchcitz's office on the 2nd floor there are shelves filled floor to ceiling, but that continiues on the 3rd floor, but there is even more stored in the basement. There is a reading room of sorts in the basement also filled with files.

I am sorry that I cannot help you further with this.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer !
    ZP