Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please.

Article about: Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please. I would like to know as much as possible about this person Thank you Edward Witwicki

Default Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please.

I would like to know as much as possible about this person

Thank you

Edward Witwicki

Hello Edward,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, can I assume that you do not have in your possession the Legitymacja (Award Card) that would have been presented with the Monte Cassino Cross.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 30937 the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : Witwicki

Christian Name : Edward

Date of Birth : 1918

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1918-109-III

Unit : Pułk 6 Pancerny „Dzieci Lwowskich”, (6th Armoured Regiment "Children of Lwow", 2nd Armoured Brigade later 2nd Armoured Division, 2nd Polish Corps.

I have also searched through the Index of victims of soviet repression, Ancestry, Find my Past, London Gazette etc, all with no luck except the London Gazette.

Would I be correct in saying that Edward Witwicki's full Name was Edward Stanisław Witwicki who lived in Oxfordshre and died in 2001.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Edward, if you require more information you would need to apply to the British Ministry of Defence for a copy of his Service Record. Unfortunately they do charge for this service and you would need to provide them with the relevant information they require to process your request photocopy of Edward's Death Certificate and Authorization of the next of Kin if this is you then a copy of your Birth Certificate should be included everything is explained on their website.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Edward
    I am posting a note from the annex:book,,Semper Fidelis-history regiment 6th armored of Children of Lvov''author Waldemar Handke.John's son. Arrested in Lviv in 1941, prisoner Kolyma.In the regiment assigned to the Reconnaissance Squadron.After the war he remained in exile and settled near London.
    Best wishes.
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please.  

Thank you Wisnia!

My father told us about his time in Kolyma. Thank you for this. I will copy it and keep with his medals etc.

Regards

Edward Witwicki Jnr

Hello Andrzej

Thank you for this! Yes, my father died in Oxfordshire in 2001. He lies in a village called Adderbury where i was raised. I will contact the British Ministry of Defence for more information, thank you for the advice

Best regards

Ted Witwicki

?

Hello Ted in the British Ministry of Defence was ZESZYTY EWIDENCYJNE every soldier of the PSZ.There are all the news about the soldier.
    ZESZYT EWIDENCYJNY it looks like this.This notebook after my friend's grandfather in 1 PUŁK UŁANÓW KRECHOWIECKICH.Add fotos.Best wishes,
    Artur.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please.   Can anyone advise who Monte Cassino Cross 30 / 937 was awarded to please.  

Thankyou very much

I have already downloaded paperwork from MOD and will post it away soon.

Regards

Ted W