Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Carpathian Rifle Brigade

Article about: Hi, by andrzejku98 Hi Thomas, If you ever go to the Sikorski Museum in London, just inside the entrance hall is a Gun from a Polish tank that the germans captured in 1939, they in turn put i

Default Carpathian Rifle Brigade

Hello Gentlemen, let me start by saying that I'm very happy to join this Forum.I'm mainly interested in the Canadian participation in WW2 but I have an interest in all other facets of the conflict.
    My first question is about an Carpatihian Rifle Brigade badge that I bought some time ago and, with the help of the members of this Forum I would like to know if this badge is an original one or a very good copy.
    All comments will be appreciated.
    Jo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carpathian Rifle Brigade   Carpathian Rifle Brigade  

Carpathian Rifle Brigade  

GFC
    ?

Default Re: Carpathian Rifle Brigade

original, and a very nice one at that....

Awarded to Lance Sergeant/Cadet Jakub Switalski, who was decorated with the Cross of Valor at Tobruk.

Quote by GFC View Post
    original, and a very nice one at that....

Awarded to Lance Sergeant/Cadet Jakub Switalski, who was decorated with the Cross of Valor at Tobruk.
    Thanks for the quick answer GFC , 2 more questions for you. Is the information(s) about the Cross of Valour available from the internet and, like I said previously I bought this badge some time (years) ago, what would be the going price for this one these days.
    Thanks.
    Jo

GFC
    ?

there are threads about the decoration in this forum
    the citation for Cadet Switalski's can be problematic - most records are at Sikorski in London, but there are many gaps, some large, in the KW paperwork

I can't comment on what it goes for on the collector market as my collecting over some years has become fairly passive, but it CERTAINLY is an excellent example !

?

Well ive never seen one before and i must say it looks very impressive and to find out some info on it as well , thats even better

Many thanks GFC for your informations, it's greatly appreciated and thanks also to davejb for the comment.Until next time..
    Cheers
    Jo

Hi Jo,

I have only be able to find the following information on Jakub Switalski:

When he received his Monte Cassino Cross Nr:1880

Surname: Switalski

Christian Name: Jakub

Date of Birth: 1910

Army Number: 1910/10/III

Unit: 1BSK. ( 1st Carpathian Rifle Battalion, !st Carpathian Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Division).

I hope that the above information is of some use, if you write to the Ex-Combattants Organisation in London, they will be able to give you his Brigade Number whilst in Tobruk, and the Date of his award of the Carpathian Brigade Badge. I was able to obtain information from them on the 3 Badges that I have in my collection.

Season's Greetings from a rather white UK.

Andrew

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Jo,

I have only be able to find the following information on Jakub Switalski:

When he received his Monte Cassino Cross Nr:1880

Surname: Switalski

Christian Name: Jakub

Date of Birth: 1910

Army Number: 1910/10/III

Unit: 1BSK. ( 1st Carpathian Rifle Battalion, !st Carpathian Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Division).

I hope that the above information is of some use, if you write to the Ex-Combattants Organisation in London, they will be able to give you his Brigade Number whilst in Tobruk, and the Date of his award of the Carpathian Brigade Badge. I was able to obtain information from them on the 3 Badges that I have in my collection.

Season's Greetings from a rather white UK.

Andrew
    Fantastic and thanks a million time for your great informations. I really appreciate your help.
    Now I can put life into this great badge
    Again thank you very much and Season's Greeting from the Great White North.
    Jo

Thanks for the link GFC, will have a good look at it. Wishing you and all members a great 2011.
    Cheers
    Jo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast