Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Here is a badge that just sold on ebay: number 0024, belonging to Cpt lot. Niemir Stanislaw Bidzinski, "Karol Ziege" VM, KW, cichociemny.
    Jumped into Poland November 7/8 1941 operation "Ruction", along with famous "Ponury" (Por Jan Piwnik).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    Here is a badge that just sold on ebay: number 0024, belonging to Cpt lot. Niemir Stanislaw Bidzinski, "Karol Ziege" VM, KW, cichociemny.
    Jumped into Poland November 7/8 1941 operation "Ruction", along with famous "Ponury" (Por Jan Piwnik).
    I wonder what happened to his VM... maybe this was also sold at some point? Pity if the group of awards and documents was split up.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Also try the British National Archives ....

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...T12%3a44%3a08Z

Some SOE / Cichociemni papers are starting to surface here ..

Gary J.

Quote by morela View Post
    yes i have got that thesis in pdf but need to read it!
    i dont know whether there's specific text from my grandad or not? we knew he was interviewed a few times!
    it's a shame he never really spoke to us much about it.
    we know he did some interesting thing's and was still worried about them and his secrecy when he was well in to old age!

The auction results for those that are interested.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Very Low number ... rare issue badge ....

Gary J.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    I wonder what happened to his VM... maybe this was also sold at some point? Pity if the group of awards and documents was split up.
    Spoke to the seller, unfortunately the Gapa was it. He bought it at an auction sometime in 2005 by itself. Cpt Bidzinski/Ziege died in Warsaw in 1988.

Spoke to the seller, unfortunately the Gapa was it. He bought it at an auction sometime in 2005 by itself. Cpt Bidzinski/Ziege died in Warsaw in 1988.
    It is always a pity these important historical groups get split up, but I guess the upside is that the history is shared by more than one collector.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here are some scans and a story
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

?

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

?

my grandads shirt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast