Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Hi Everyone

With regards to General Bryg. Prof.dr. Ełżbieta Zawacka, what a lady Born 1909 died 2009 just 2 months short of her 100th Birthday, awarded the Order of the White Eagle, Silver Cross of the Virtuti Militari, Order of Polonia Restituta Cross of Valour Gold Cross of Merit with Swords Army Medal (1939-1945) and the Home Army Cross.

This was a brave woman indeed and yes Cenowski if you do go back please take some photographs and post them.

Here is a photograph of Elzbieta Zawacki

Attachment 399266Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Her grave is somewhere in Toruń but i'm not sure if its easy to visit like public ones can be, i think her foundation has printed/worked in unison and funded a lot of written works also. Next time in there i will see what pics i can do and also ask what information/Archives or Relics they they have as regards to the Pomorski AK.

Quote by Cenowski View Post
    Unfortunately a common feature of the Uk, robbing metals from graves, and stealing plaques for scrap..... I hope that this is not the case. Where did you pic it up?
    Warsaw
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Aha, sounds better to me than if was from random place in uk that isnt a well known Militaria seller

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    General Bryg. Prof.dr. Ełżbieta Zawacka, what a lady Born 1909 died 2009 just 2 months short of her 100th Birthday, awarded the Order of the White Eagle, Silver Cross of the Virtuti Militari, Order of Polonia Restituta Cross of Valour Gold Cross of Merit with Swords Army Medal (1939-1945) and the Home Army Cross.

This was a brave woman
    ...and was the only female cichociemni

Radek Kotowski
    ?

Postion 93 of the list trained in UK but never jumped to homeland is Edmund Mnich, nicknamed EDA. My grandfather name was Edmund Mnich. He ended the WW2 in UK, having served in the Anders` Army. However, I don1t have any infomation that he was in such a training. Can anyone advice how can I confirm wether its indeed his name, not a coincidence?

Thanks for help,
    Radek

Quote by Radek Kotowski View Post
    Postion 93 of the list trained in UK but never jumped to homeland is Edmund Mnich, nicknamed EDA. My grandfather name was Edmund Mnich. He ended the WW2 in UK, having served in the Anders` Army. However, I don1t have any infomation that he was in such a training. Can anyone advice how can I confirm wether its indeed his name, not a coincidence?

Thanks for help,
    Radek
    Greetings Radek,

I would recommend that you contact Link: SPP-PUMST organistation in London with your grandfather's name, date of birth, and any other details you have. SPP-PUMST keep all the records of the Polish Underground (records created by the Polish government- in-exile that is) including records of cichociemny.

Good luck with your research and please don't forget to let us know what you find out

Default badge of kpt. Walery Marian Krokay

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)Cichociemni (Polish SOE)Cichociemni (Polish SOE)
    It was in possesion of Stanislaw Jankowski "Agaton" family.

Default Re: badge of kpt. Walery Marian Krokay

Quote by Mateusz Mroz View Post
    Cichociemni (Polish SOE)Cichociemni (Polish SOE)Cichociemni (Polish SOE)
    It was in possesion of Stanislaw Jankowski "Agaton" family.
    Do you mean the family has sold it?????????

Default Re: badge of kpt. Walery Marian Krokay

No, donate it.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast