Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: badge of kpt. Walery Marian Krokay

Quote by Mateusz Mroz View Post
    No, donate it.
    Was it donated to military museum in Warsaw?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Strange how the original badge number has been obscured and then re-stamped to the right of the post. Even the wreath stamp looks like it has been altered. I wonder what the story behind this is.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: badge of kpt. Walery Marian Krokay

To the Warsaw Rising Museum, family gave it as a badge of Stanislaw Jankowski "Agaton", they didn't know that it belonged to someone else. I will try to check the number on the wing, which is hidden. Notice that kpt. Walery Krokay "Siwy", according to Jan Lorys "History of Polish Para badge" received it twice : 1st No 1069, 2nd 0116. Maybe the first number is hidden on the wing.

?

The Badge is OK !
    There is a reason for this re-numbering .... but I'd rather keep that info off the net.

Gary J.

nuxdrozd
    ?

Very excited to be back after a long hiatus! I'm now posted to the UK and looking forward to visiting the archives at Kew!

Welcome back I assume that you have re-registered under a new name - ?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Im not entirely sure that what I am about to ask will come to fruition or even be of any help to myself but I will do so at any rate.
    Apologies if I have also done so in the wrong place.

My Granddad was a member of the Cichociemni between the years of 1942 and 1945, before that a member of the French Foreign Legion. I recognize a lot of the photographs of the Cichociemni in this thread, a lot of them I even have copies of.

My Granddad is dying and throughout his time he refused to tell us a lot of the stories of what he did during the war, which is his prerogative and I honour that (as a previous serving soldier who saw action I can well understand why he doesn't want to). I wish to honour him and his service by having him buried with the Cichociemni eagle. We know he has his own stashed somewhere in his house but he refuses to let us look for it, his storage room is a complete mess, so I have trawled eBay for the last 4 months looking for one.
    He is from this post expected to live 3 more days.

So what I am asking, now I get to it, is can anyone help me find a replica or manufacturer of replicas so I can see him buried with an eagle?

I will also see if I can post some of the pictures of himself and some of the others. My grandmother who's still alive may be able to put names to faces aswell. As she was routinely in contact with them while they were at Warnham Court.

Hello

Here is a good copy of the paratrooper wing with combat wreath your Grandad would have been issued. The 'Cichociemny' wing was a post war thing. The original government issued numbered wing would have been just like this one. If you look at pictures of Cichociemni after they came back to England in 1945-46 they wore this wing on their uniforms.

Polish WWII Paratrooper Badge | eBay

If you really need the other wing with the PW I think from memory the Hartenstein Hotel in Arnhem sold replicas.

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    Hello

Here is a good copy of the paratrooper wing with combat wreath your Grandad would have been issued. The 'Cichociemny' wing was a post war thing. The original government issued numbered wing would have been just like this one. If you look at pictures of Cichociemni after they came back to England in 1945-46 they wore this wing on their uniforms.

Polish WWII Paratrooper Badge | eBay

If you really need the other wing with the PW I think from memory the Hartenstein Hotel in Arnhem sold replicas.
    Ahh thankyou, I hate the fact eBay refuses to show me international stuff. I could have found this yonks ago!
    I will contact the Hartenstein Hotel to see if they do make the replicas or if they know anyone who does.
    Thankyou again.

Quote by dibblah1 View Post
    Ahh thankyou, I hate the fact eBay refuses to show me international stuff. I could have found this yonks ago!
    I will contact the Hartenstein Hotel to see if they do make the replicas or if they know anyone who does.
    Thankyou again.
    Send me a PM I may be able to help.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast