MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Very intresting thread,Thank you for posting all those rare documents 4thSkorpian!

Mariusz, maybe there too big for the uploader?Im not sure why they wouldnt show up though??

Same pictures from Cichociemni and, or Para training.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Here there are. On that picture im wondering why are they not wearing any helmets on the training? Maybe bacons they are spatial units?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

Did you see dirt flying up in the air?

I often wonder about my grandpa, he left poland around 1900. He was a tailor in new york. My grandpa was a polish cop in New York from the 20's thru the 50's. they were supposed to be irish I know. The important thing about my post is that my Dad would say prayers with me in polish back in the late 60's, we lived in New Mexico. How are nearly 100 year old prayers from poland being said a half a world away in New Mexico being said???? What a world. I can't speak polish but I can hear my Pops saying those prayers.

Mike

I was wondering what kind of head gear is he wearing? Do you know?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

3mk
    ?

Hey Mariusz,
    The helmet being worn is a Polish training para helmet,It was only used from training I think It protected you very well from falling on your head while the combat ones were suppose to protect you from bullets and shrapnel.About the dirt,Ive always wondered but did they use real explosives with shrapnel during training!???

Pompa Mike,I hope you continue teaching your family these prayers and keep your families history alive,Also do you know if your Grandpa served in world war 1??

Thank you Emil, I will post more group pictures as im scanning them.

Hi Mike good to hear about family history, do you have any picture, documents of your grandpa?
    Mariusz

3mk
    ?

I cant wait Mariusz!

1 question,When the Cichociemni were parachuted into Poland were they wearing there Battledress with all the Exile insignia under there parachute gear or civilian clothes?
    Thanks

Plaque for the First Independent Parachute-Brigade and Cichociemni who death during Second World War. Located at Church of St. Bridget in Gdańsk

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast