Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Article about: Dear members, I just joined, my name is Gianluca Vernole, I write from Casamassima, a town in Puglia, Italy. My country holds the oldest military cemetery of the 2nd Polish Corps for 5 years

Default Re: Cichociemni (Polish SOE)

Hi cichociemny, thanks for your added information and I for one look forward to seeing your cichociemny documents

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    To answer some questions:
    Yes, some cichociemni did wear battledress when dropped into Poland, however this was late in 1944 and for those who operated with the AKs partisan unit in the southern areas of Poland.
    Yes, certain cichociemni took their para badges with them, from photos it was only a handfull. from memory atleast 4. In Tucholskis book there are a few photos.
    I have in my collection some documents and medals to a cichociemny which i will try posting, however no badge, family told me Soviets took it when he was sent to Siberia.

Hi Mariusz,

Did you try contacting:SPP-PUMST archive in London
    Dr Krzysztof Stolinski
    Studium Polski Podziemnej (SPP)
    There is an online form:
    PUMST London: Archival Enquiries

I really don't think there will be any HMG papers that will still be 'classified' regarding c.c."Krupa". The big research problem at the National Arcives is that the file contents themselves are not digitised and text searchable so unless you a) know what files to look in the first place and b) read the entire physical set of papers you will not easily find the individual data. I probably have some references to "Krupa's" activies but I have at least 50 GB of SOE document pages to still go through.

There is so much interesting material, for example I just found found a document in which Churchill did actually offer to guarantee Poland's independence if the Polish government-in-exile agreed to border concessions! I am doing a bit more research to find other related files and relevant dates of the various papers. But if correct then this would be a revelation to me.

[QUOTE=Gary J;113014]Mariusz,
    Although "Krupa" is listed as not jumping, .. I gather that he did actually partake in one "Top secret" jump, delivering USD direct to Bor Komorowski.

I presume "somewhere" that there must be a still "closed" file which someday will shed some light on this mission !

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    This is a list of Cichociemni who swore an oath to the Rote Army but did not jump to the homeland.
    ENGLAND
    July 1942 - September 1944

66. Michał Krupa, ps. "Ciupaga"

Thank you for shearing your knowledge with us, im waiting to see your posts. For now im going to post some of my group pictures of para/cichociemni. Here Andrzej is wearing his Para Badge and corporals rank insignia affixed to the uniform. I was wondering why they are wearing different head caps I can count at least fore, and two colors of berets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

I don’t know why no one is wearing there rank insignia? I know Andzej was corporal at the time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cichociemni (Polish SOE)   Cichociemni (Polish SOE)  

?

The different colour berets may be down to where the recruits were drawn from during the training stage
    .. Some from the Para's (Grey Beret), .. some from 1st Corp (Black Berets).

Gary J.

Thank you for shearing your knowledge with us, im waiting to see your posts. For now im going to post some of my group pictures of para/cichociemni. Here Andrzej is wearing his Para Badge and corporals rank insignia affixed to the uniform. I was wondering why they are wearing different head caps I can count at least fore, and two colors of berets.
    if of interest, in the group photo, the chap third from the left, back row is Captain Zielinski

Hi is Captain Zielinski on first, second or third picture? And cam you tell more about Captain Zielinski?

Lubuska
    ?

Tadeusz Lubuśka must have been a member of my family. Could any of you tell me if he is at any of the posted photos? And does anyone know what happened to him after war? Cichociemny, maybe?

Quote by Lubuska View Post
    Tadeusz Lubuśka must have been a member of my family. Could any of you tell me if he is at any of the posted photos? And does anyone know what happened to him after war? Cichociemny, maybe?
    Hi Lubuska!

To find out more about Tadeusz Lubuska, ps. "Zamar" I recommend that you contact Dr. Stolinski Chairman of SPP-PUSMT in London as they keep all the archives of the A.K. they will be able to help.

Address:
    Studium Polski Podziemnej (SPP)
    Polish Underground Movement (1939-1945) Study Trust
    11 Leopold Road
    London W5 3PB
    info(at)spp-pumst.org

If you are definitely related to Tadeusz Lubuska and can provide proof that you are next of kin then you can contact the MoD archives and they will give you his service history. You will need to complete a next of kin (Proof of kinship) form and pay £25 (?)

For a photo have you looked in Tucholski's Cichociemni? If you are in London then you can probably find a copy at SPP-PUMST library or the Polish Library at P.O.S.K
    Good luck
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi is Captain Zielinski on first, second or third picture? And cam you tell more about Captain Zielinski?
    hello Mariusz,
    he is on the first photo, the building with the steps in front.
    another pic of Captain Zielinski and the boys. he is sitting fourth from left, front row. unfortunately I have no info. on him except for the jottings on the back of the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images Cichociemni (Polish SOE) 

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast