MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Badges

Article about: Gentlemen These are part of a small collection that has come up for sale. I don't think I like them but I wondered what your thoughts are. For a start the backs seem very messy. And of cours

Question Cloth Badges

Gentlemen

These are part of a small collection that has come up for sale. I don't think I like them but I wondered what your thoughts are.

For a start the backs seem very messy. And of course the Scorpion badge must ve very rare. I also don't like the fact that the badges appear to have been machine washed presumably to make them look old and this is what has frayed the edges of all of them in a similar way. Am I right?

All comments welcome as this is great learning for me

Many thanks

James
    Attached Images Attached Images Cloth Badges  Cloth Badges  Cloth Badges  Cloth Badges  Cloth Badges  Cloth Badges 

Default Re: Cloth Badges

Hi James,

Your gut feel is good. Neither these nor any of the other currently listed Polish cloth insignia from this seller are genuine. These circulate on the market and have fooled many collectors. All of it is recent production, apparently originating from Pakistan although this is not positively confirmed. Regardless of where they are made, all are knock offs, and some quite shoddy at that.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne