Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Collectors before anyone else!

Article about: Hey Tony, The link would of been expired by now and I deleted the pictures by mistake Maybe this picture of a NCO`s private purchase tunic will make up for it??

?

Default Collectors before anyone else!

Had to share this with all of you.
    Even though not Polish, militaria collectors everywhere I am sure will identify with these chaps, and dont they have nice big greedy grins!

Look at all those para helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collectors before anyone else!  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Collectors before anyone else!

Dorava back in Poland I fixed my self a Fallschirmjager helmet for a low price and I had a smile bigger then these guys but these guys have 20 in mint condition,while mine was a relic!!
    But I did sell and and use the money for Polish items

Quote by dorava View Post
    Had to share this with all of you.
    Even though not Polish, militaria collectors everywhere I am sure will identify with these chaps, and dont they have nice big greedy grins!

Look at all those para helmets
    hi great pic,place is littered with goodies check those mg's just lying there

These guys could clearly tell that money was to be made out of them in the future

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    These guys could clearly tell that money was to be made out of them in the future

Thanks

Danny
    surely most of the vets gathered that, tho most just wanted to get home alive. talking about money to be made check this out pic i found online.

nice eah
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collectors before anyone else!  

Truth be told, the earliest WW2 collectors were Germans - way back in September and October 1939. Mr. Hermann Goering was one of the best at it.

So steering this thread back to Polish militaria . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collectors before anyone else!   Collectors before anyone else!  

Collectors before anyone else!   Collectors before anyone else!  

Collectors before anyone else!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Collectors before anyone else! 

3mk
    ?

Poles came a bit later
    Attached Images Attached Images Collectors before anyone else! 

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Poles came a bit later
    good one.

Here's one from my collection. A German officer examining a rogatywka and highlander kapelusz.

One good thing I've noriced from personal experience is that the Germans took good care of their bring back booty. Some of the best preserved items in my collection are 'September souvenirs' found in Germany. The same thing can't be said for any items taken east by Red Army personnel. And by all accounts, the hordes from the east plundered ruthlessly like no others.

T.

3mk
    ?

The reason why Germans admired our stuff is because it was better designed,Polish uniforms were designer like Gucci
    I also noticed this,A couple of months ago there was a pre-war Polish uniform on the German ebay,The uniform was in beautiful condition with no moth holes or fading as it was kept in a cedar chest ever since the war ended on being brung out of special occasion.I felt like i had a chance when I bidded 150 euros for it 1 hour before the auction ended,But i was out bidded and the final price was 400 euros I think,Which I think was still a fair price for such a uniform,If only I had the money

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . A couple of months ago there was a pre-war Polish uniform on the German ebay,The uniform was in beautiful condition with no moth holes or fading as it was kept in a cedar chest ever since the war ended on being brung out of special occasion. . . .
    I missed that auction. Do you still have the link?, or did you archive the pics (as you're supposed to be doing ! )
    T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast