Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.

Article about: Hello all and wishing you a great 2011. Now I need help in confirming that the two items in the links are originals. The first confirmation and informations needed is for an eagle, I believe

Default Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.

Hello all and wishing you a great 2011.
    Now I need help in confirming that the two items in the links are originals.
    The first confirmation and informations needed is for an eagle, I believe an wz19 interwar pattern (see A.J.Zawadski's great display of 07/21/09).
    The second iten that needs confirmation is a shield said to be for women's auxiliary units (???) Again I refer to A.J.Zawadski post of 11/02/09 and of 11/03/09. (I'm sorry I can't read polish).
    I am offered these two items and I would like to know, if originals, what is an honest dollars value I should be offering.

http://www.militaria.qc.ca/polish1.jpg

http://www.militaria.qc.ca/polish2.jpg

Thanks for your help and patience.
    Cheers
    Joe

Default Re: Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.

Hi Joe,

The eagle is not genuine. This is a fantasy pattern. Similar to the pre-WW2 wz.19, these are often mistaken as being genuine.

The " women's auxiliary units (???) " may be OK. There are fine vertical lines on the shield background that are not readily visible in the picture you posted. Check for them.

I have never before seen the ‘slider’ type of fastening method employed on these. These badges typically sell for under $50. And no surprise, they are now being reproduced.

Posted below is a side by side reverse view comparison to a genuine example. There are some slight differences in the permiter details, but overall it seems to stack up well.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.   Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you very much AJ, your answer is very much appreciated, since this a new area that I have little knowledge about so every bit of informations accumulated is very helpful.
    Cheers
    Jo

You're most welcome Joe.

I'll post the pictures you provide links for so that they form a permament part of this thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.   Confirmation needed on eagle and shield.  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Beautiful images!