Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    This cross "palestinian" too , but early-war production ?
    Hi Igor, according to the Krogulec reference these crosses were delivered from their near east "Palestinian" producer to liberated Italy in 1944 for awarding to 2nd Corps personnel.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Heres a recent pick up, sorry for the lighting last couple of days have been extremely cloudy. I think this is a Spink product?

Hi Emil,

Not a Spink product, although often attributed to this maker. Spink crosses are very different and of a higher quality. As covered earlier in this thread, these are British made crosses. The producer’s name remains unknown. There are two versions, most easily differentiated by the suspension ‘tang’, the part holding the ribbon ring. This type (along with the disproportioned barrel suspension type) were sold to veterans post war. One of the distinctive characteristics of this later version is the very narrow wire gauge of the ribbon ring. Yours is a good looking genuine cross.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

I thought the cross was a bit low in qualify compared to the Spink crosses I've seen online, still a nice cross none of the less.

The favourable outdoor weather this afternoon allowed for some picture taking (and raking of leaves). Here's a side by side comparison of a Spink & Son cross (on the left) and the enigmatic "24" type (reference number assigned by Krogulec) posted by Emil.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Default On another subject

£175.50 for a British made Exile Cross of Valour on a Middle East ribbon is kind of expensive POLISH POLAND WWII CROSS OF VALOUR MEDAL ORIGINAL RIBBON | eBay

Rare French made !
    Not expencive !!!
    To Polish Kapitan ...

2nd KW "Palestinian" Polish Poland WWII Cross of Valour Medal | eBay

and

Tobruk World War 2 Silver Polish Military Tobruk Cap Badge 4292 | eBay
    Silver MC w/sw Polish Poland WWII Silver Class Cross of Merit with Swords Medal | eBay
    Bar to KW Polish Poland WWII Christian Jerusalem Medals Bar Found with Medal Collection | eBay
    silver badge Polish Poland WWII Christian Jerusalem Medals Bar Found with Medal Collection | eBay
    Monte Cassino cross 1768 Polish Poland WWII Monte Cassino Maj 1944 Medal 1 768 | eBay

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 1768

Surname: RUSINKIEWICZ

Christian Name: ZYGMUNT

Date of Birth: 19th February 1910

Army Number (also found on his ID Tags) 1910-191-III

Unit: 2KPAL (2nd Carpthian Anti Aircraft Artillery, Officer in charge of the Nr: 1 Battery.

Prior to 1939 Zygmunt attended the Reserve Officer Cadets Course for Artillery 1930-1931

In the 1934 Reserve Officers Yearbook he is listed as a Podporucznik (2nd Lieutenant) of the 26PAL, he was 505 in seniority promoted to Ppor 1st January 1933, he is listed as living in Warszawa (Warsaw) at the time.

After the end of the War he came to England settling in London where he married Beryl M Hawkes in 1960. (Beryl was 23 years his junior).

Beryl M Rusinkiewicz died in 1969 in Hammersmith, whilst Zygmunt Rusinkiewicz died in 1974 in Fulham.

?

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    Rare French made !
    Not expencive !!!
    To Polish Kapitan ...
    Perhaps to ebay experts but according to literature a cross made in Great Britain around 1941. A small dot on the reverse makes a huge difference.

Best

I'm not see dot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast