Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Hello,
    Please see the picture below of my KW, Can you please verify my Krzyz Walecznych. I would greatly appreciate any comments. Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi, Alex!

While the main experts are silent, I give my opinion. This KW is Spink & Son (Krogulec # 21). It's ОК!

Best regards. Sergey.

Sergey, Thank you very much! I appreciate your opinion.
    Cheers
    Alex

Agreed with Sergey, a genuine cross.

Not sure if I've posted these before, but here's a side by side to help pick out the differences between the two Spink variants (Krog. #20 and #21). The quickest way to differentiate them is by zeroing in on the letter "Y" on the reverse right side cross arm. The #21 is missing the serifs at the base.

(click on pictures to magnify)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I agree with Tony that the main distinguishing feature – the bottom serif on the letter Y. I will add that KW also vary the distance between the letters in the word WALE.

Sincerely, Sergey.

Hi Gentlemen

I was going to post these in the auction thread but then saw this one which seems more suitable, but apologies if I'm wrong.

I have two KW's that I've been looking at and want a second opinion before purchase, of either. I will post them separately if that's easier.

The first has white stripes on a burgundy ribbon, Pre-War???

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

The second, Burgundy stripes on a white ribbon. This one comes with documentation so looks kosher.

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Thank you in advance and your understanding, I have been dormant for some time and now on a medal spree lol.

Hi Stefan,

The 1939 dated cross was made in Poland circa 1970 for veterans of the September campaign. Certainly collectible in their own right.

The cross accompanied by the award document was produced in the Middle East and it looks genuine. The ribbon appears to be the correct issue type for this cross. And the this award document type is also known to have accompanied these crosses.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony, I may have miss read or missed it entirely, but am I correct in understanding that the ribbon differences refer to issue dates? i.e. white with burgundy stripes, issued during WWII and the opposite variation post war issue?

Regards
    Stefan

Hi Stefan,

You are correct, the ribbons refer to the issue date.

From my reading the version with white stripes (and burgundy in the centre) is for the 1920 issue medal, whilst the burgundy stripes with white centre is the 1939 edition.

If that is true (and I'm sure Tony can confirm either way), the ribbons on these two medals may need to be swapped around.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast