Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

?

Hello,

Can someone of the more experienced colleagues help me to verify my Cross (ribbon replaced)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi Esco,

This is a cross made by Warsaw based maker Andzrej Panasiuk in the 1970's, suspended from period ribbon.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Although covered here previously, these images from ebay of a Spink & Son wartime issue KW in dark oxidized finish on original ribbon are worth adding. Spink crosses were produced using two surface treatments resulting in either a lighter or darker finish. The ribbon displays the classic and unique early Spink folding technique. A beautiful cross in top condition.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

This is #20 according to Grzegorz Krogulec. It looks like copied after #11.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa,

Yes, I heard it said that the #11 (Arthus Bertrand, Paris) cross served as the model for the Spink. There are definite similarities.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Hi Tony,

Yes, there are definite similarities. I am of an opinion that the #20 is the finest cross made in Great Britain.

Cheers,
    Kosa

We are in agreement. All of the Spink products, from KW’s to KZ’s to VM’s were top notch quality. Although the Gr. Techn. produced VM’s did give Spink a run for their money.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

While on Grupa Techniczna. It was organized under Polish Forces Signals to develop radio transmitters and receivers. They were very talented people

Cheers,
    Kosa

Evening Gents, just wondered what your thoughts were on this cross, not sure about the slight roughness around the edges although could be from wear.

Kind regards

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hi Stefan,

A genuine Spink & Son KW on issue ribbon. Beautiful cross

Regards,
    Tony

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast