Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

OK, home from work, dinner's done and dog is walked, now a little time to return to this KW. The following side by side verifies my earlier suspicions, and that of Mr. Wadowicznic.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

My New nice cross Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Hello Wojtgda84,

I hope that you do not mind I took the liberty of rotating your photographs, so that everyone can view them.

KW Obverse

KW reverse

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click to enlarge in a new window

Quote by wojtgda84 View Post
    My New nice cross
    Very nice indeed! One of the most sought after KW's. And this one is in top condition. Thanks for sharing it with us, and congratulations to you.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default Orders & Medals Research Society – KW Article Part 2

The second and final installment from a recent issue of the Orders & Medals Research Society periodical, which I’ve decided to post here in the Exile PSZ KW thread to mix things up a bit. The article makes mention of crosses spanning three eras of this decorations issue – pre-war, exiled armed forces in the west, and then the post-war Soviet occupation period.

Part 1 was posted in the pre-WW2 parallel KW thread, post #243: Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Please click on each image for a magnified view:

Regards,
    Tony

?

I have a few medals of my Grandfather and Great Grandfather. I know one is the cross of valour 1920 which I believe he received for saving someone from a burning building, possibly in Battle of Monte Cassino. He was in the 2nd Corps I think. My great grandfather also received the cross of merit for his contributions to Poland. I would love to find out more about these medals if anyone could help me. I have photos but not sure how to upload them to this message.

Hello Nicky and welcome to the forum. Posting pictures is easy. Click the "Go Advanced" button on the bottom right. Then scroll down to the "Pictures upload" button, then click "Add Files" and "Select Files" and continue following the prompts. We look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers,
    Tony

Hello Nicky,

May I also welcome you to the Forum, if your Grandfather received the Cross of Valour (1939-1945) whilst serving in the 2nd Polish Corps then the recommendation would more than likely be held by the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum (PISM) in London. If you live in the UK it would be worth booking a seat in the reading room and going through the files that they have. They also have the files containing the Army Medal for the 2nd Corps and again it would be worthwhile looking through these for your Grandfather and possibly your Great Grandfather if they served together.

Then there is the British Ministry of Defence (Polish) Records Section, they would have the service record of your Grandfather, unfortunately they do charge for this service where in the past this was a free service they now charge £30.00p.

Once again Nicky welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you so much for your advice- I think I will go to the museum as I am also hoping To find a copy of telegraph that was sent to my Great Aunt from the Polish Embassy in 1942 amongst other things.

Hello Nicky,

Information for you from the PISM website:

Opening hours:
    Archives:
    Tuesday - Friday - 9.30 - 16.00
    Closed throughout February
    Museum:
    Tuesday - Friday - 14.00 - 16.00
    First Saturday of the month - 10.30 - 16.00
    Persons wishing to use the Archive reading room
    must book an appointment.

Best wishes