Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

?

Good evening. Yesterday I received copies of London life my grandfather. Among them is a copy of the document to (Krzyż Walecznych) №13794 issued by the order №158 / 46 after the death of his grandfather. Tell me which way to take the award and where to go. Thank you expect to return.
    Yuri

Default Spink & Son?

Hi Peoples

Looking for info on the attached medal I purchased some time ago, I think it's a Spink & Son exile type but leave that judgement to your good selves.

Kind regards

Stefan

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Good new and bad news Stefan. Bad news first. You're wrong, it's not a Spink. Good news - it is a considerably scarcer French made Bertrand . The larger of the two crosses Bertrand produced. See post #125 here:

Cross of Valour (Krzyż Walecznych) – Pre-WW2 Types

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Good new and bad news Stefan.(...)
    Another piece of good news Stefan is that this is a genuine Middle Eastern ribbon

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

Can you help and tell me what kind of Cross of Valor ( picture will be best) was handed over by General Sikorski to the crews of polish submarines ORP "Orzeł" and ORP "Wilk" on 16 November 1939.
    Polish seamen they were the first who was grant the Cross of Valor from the Supreme Commander - General Sikorski
    1. cpt mar. Bogusław Krawczyk ( Wilk)
    2. lut.mar. Andrzej Piacecki ( Orzeł)
    3. lut.mar. Florian Roszak (Orzeł) - (it's my relative)

They all received crosses for the first time in a group of 21 seamens. This was the first assignment of KW (CoV) in exile in Dundee where Polish ships underwent repairs, personally from the hands of General Sikorski

?

Hello Everyone
    Recently I bought a batch of documents. Among them was this ID card.
    For seven pieces of ID card will pay 150 złoty. Two were from the PSZ.
    See posts:#135 & #188.
    ,,Pictured earlier in this thread, please excuse a repeat showing of what is unquestionably the rarest of the Cross of Valour award documents. Issued by the 2nd Infantry Fusiliers Division interned in Switzerland following the 1940 Franch Campaign. These were personally signed by C.O. General Bronisław Prugar-Ketling".
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hello Artur,

Bargain price! But sometimes the price is too good to be true . . .

You have purchased a fake. Some lowlife shyster has used images of my genuine example, doctored it up, and now trolls for victims. Fake award 'legitymacji' are common. The simple test is to examine with a 10x or stronger magnifier and look for telltale signs of an inkjet printer.

I am presently caught up in trying to recover funds spent on such a fake sold by allegro seller " gajosgg ". I helped a friend with a purchase as he was having trouble with his account. The legitymacja that arrived was an inkjet fake. The seller was given the proof that it is fake but refuses a refund. The matter is being taken up with allegro. Remember gajosgg and avoid this scumbag.

Back to your doc. Notice the clever manipulation of the typing. General Prugar-Ketling signed these individually, so no two would be absolutely identical. Note how the signature is identical in every respect and pay attention to where it meets the text of the legitymacja.

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hello DEAR Tony
    thank You for the information,the seller was from Bytom.I can not believe that somebody is making counterfeit documents. The legitymacja is laminated.An allegro account is issued to a woman.Check the legitymacje, but I think everything is counterfeit ...
    Email from this seller:Hi I bought ID cards, if you are interested in the subject I still have to pay. I want to put all in the category of copies, the reason is that the person who evaluates the authenticity is after a stroke and I have a problem...Copy is a copy, but in this case, someone produces, fakes documents.
    Tony's account on the allegro of this seller will send you mail warelics.
    Best wishes
    Artur

Hi Artur, where there's money to be made the counterfeiters will be there. No area of militaria collecting is exempt.

Unfortunately I am having trouble understanding all of your comment. It appears that you might be using an auto-translator. Please feel free to send me the original message in Polish using the forum email.

Regards,
    Tony

Post #294 of this thread:

Quote by KOREK View Post
    Can you help and tell me what kind of Cross of Valor ( picture will be best) was handed over by General Sikorski to the crews of Polish submarines ORP "Orzeł" and ORP "Wilk" on 16 November 1939. . . .
    Hello Korek, and my apologies for the late reply. I had somehow overlooked your post. Your question is a very good one.

I would think that at this time the France based Polish government-in-exile would have obtained their KW’s from one of the Paris makers known to have produced them: Marius Delande, or Arthus Bertrand. Both were producing these and other Polish ODM’s for the Polish market since the 1920’s. The archives held within the Sikorski Museum in London may contain a record of the official post September 1939 purchase order. Although, it is also quite probable that such paperwork was left behind as a result of the hasty departure of exiled government due to the rapid collapse of French defenses in face of the German invasion in June 1940.

Pictured below are two examples. Please note these crosses had several variations over their years of production with different suspension types and other details, and in the case of the Bertrand two different sizes. This thread and the parallel one in the Polish 2nd Republic section covers some of the variants.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast