Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Hi Tomek,

I’d say it’s a good bet that the ribbon is original to the cross. These Grupa Techniczna made crosses did not all come with identical ribbons. There were also variations in the pin suspension. Some came with the one pictured on your cross and others with just the standard type safety pin. And these Grupa Techniczna crosses themselves are known in three distinct variants. Plenty of interesting little twists to keep us collectors entertained!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony for this words, next Cross of Valour go to my small collecton

?

My Krogulec pos.25 Grupa Techniczna
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi again Tomek. As far as is known nr.25 is not a Grupa Techniczna. Nr.24 – the cross you pictured in your prior post - has been attributed to Grupa Techniczna. The maker of nr.25 has not been identified as of yet.

Based on the evidence I’ve seen, this is a post war made cross that was issued expressly for the veteran market to be used as replacement “wtorniki”. I am quite certain that the cross was made in the UK, and was distributed via veterans association as well as POSK in London.

Best wishes in your KW collecting. Give yourself plenty of time!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Ok, maybe this 25 is not Grupa techniczna, but this it is :P 24B?, ribbon?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Yes, this is a Gr.Techn. KW. The ribbon looks very much like a Mandatory Palestine type that is commonly found on the Krog. 22. Either way, I wouldn’t object to this ribbon on the cross. If you really want only an original issue ribbon then keep your eyes on the market. 24’s on original ribbons are very common and regularly popping up for sale.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Thank you Tony for next lesson !
    Gents what type of Cross ?

edit. Owczarski ? but ribbon is Pszz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Last edited by Tomek; 09-22-2017 at 08:44 AM.

?

It·s me again 😁Spink@Son used this type of ribbons?

Hallo everyone! Anyone can help identify my first Cross, please?Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile TypesCross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

?

Hi Dawid.
    Nice Cross from PRL, Mennica Panstwowa circa 1980

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast