Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Quote by Tomek View Post
    It·s me again ��Spink@Son used this type of ribbons?
    Hi Tomek, ribbon appears to be a period correct issue for a Spink. As far as the French style twin pin suspender, I have seen a Spink made KW's and KZ's with this type, although very few. My thought is this is an owner modification rather than factory.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I have some.ribbons , for whitch crosses this ribbon be correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

?

Quote by Tomek View Post
    I have some.ribbons , for whitch crosses this ribbon be correct?
    Hi Tomek,

They are contemporary replacement ribbons. The top one would be correct for all exile KW, the middle one for the exile KW made in the Middle East, and the bottom one for pre-war KW.

P.s. I encourage you to get a copy of Grzegorz Krogulec's Krzyż Walecznych. It will help you a lot.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi, could you help verify this Cross, please?

?

Bliski Wschod, nice good Cross.

Is it possible that crosses from the Middle East were awarded in the Italian campaign?

?

Of course, .they were ordered by 2 Korpus Polski,when they were in the middle east.
    Mostly soldiers from 2KP have this crosses for Italy Campaign

Agreed with Tomek on all counts. This particular KW was a product of Samuel Kretschmer located in Jerusalem.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I've bought this Cross on eBay and it was together with Monte Cassino Cross 38717 from Canada. Awarded soldier was Jerzy Wolański. It's amazing but he was only 18 during this Battle. I wonder for whitch Battle he was awarded.
    Last edited by Dawid Chabowski; 11-21-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Heads up KW collectors, here is a rarely seen type currently up on Allegro. #29 in the Krogulec catalogue. This is version that Home Army hero Jan "Anoda" Rodowicz was buried with. Here is Rodowicz's KW photographed after his remains were exhumed in 1995. (photo taken from the book "Jan Rodowicz Anoda - Życie i śmierć bohatera" by Mariusz Olczak):

The cross up for sale is suspended from a pre-war era ribbon with Knedler made award bars.

Krzy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast