Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Im 80% sure this is a copy but maybe someone else can help out,
    The give aways are:The ribbon looks very new,no numbering on the back,and the suspension loop

I thought so too. Many thanks

Hello Pawlito,

It is the current post 1989 Third Polish Republic issue. The most notable changes are the type of eagle on the obverse, and the sword hilt shown on the reverse. Because of the similarities to earlier types these new crosses often circulate on the market as a pre-war variant.

Regards,
    Tony

Gentlemen,

One of KWs from my collection – this one is giving me a true headache for some time now.

It appears to be British made (small dot over the sword), but the fastening is very unusual in the form of <> , please see on the picture.
    To add to complexities it has the ribbon of pre war patter

Perhaps somebody can help to identify?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Gentlemen,

2 more - Exile Types – similar to posted already by Tony. Nice London Version.

Regards
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . this one is giving me a true headache for some time now.

It appears to be British made (small dot over the sword), but the fastening is very unusual in the form of <> , please see on the picture.
    To add to complexities it has the ribbon of pre war patter
    You are correct, it is the reatively common British made cross suspended from a a pre-war pattern ribbon. The strange suspension is actually a seldom seen variation.

The other two you posted are also the same type – although two different variants. The Krogulec reference labels these as: 24a. Light Gold, and 24b. Dark Bronze. According to Mr. Krogulec the former were awarded to 1st Armoured Divison and also 2nd Corps soldiers. The latter were awarded post war to veterans of the September campaign.

Regards,
    T.
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 02-12-2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: updated information

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thanks for posting these, although it would be super to see them from a better angle – and ideally a high resolution scan. That appears to be the great General Tadeusz Bor-Komorowski in the photos.

Regards,
    Tony
    If you recognize anyone pleas let us know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

. . . this one is giving me a true headache for some time now.

It appears to be British made (small dot over the sword), but the fastening is very unusual in the form of <> , . . .
    I just found this one that sold recently on Allegro. So perhaps not so much a production flaw as maybe a scarce variant of this common KW pattern . . .

T.

Do you know for how much it went ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I just found this one that sold recently on Allegro. So perhaps not so much a production flaw as maybe a scarce variant of this common KW pattern . . .

T.

Do you know for how much it went ?
    The Allegro auction results are there in the pictures I posted: 185.50 zl

Regards,
    T.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast