Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

Default Re: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    "Small" Knedler - 36 x 36 mm...
    Hi Simon - see the parallel thread in the IIRP pre-war section on the Cross of Valour (where this your very nice pre-war Knedler should really be posted )

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Simon - see the parallel thread in the IIRP pre-war section on the Cross of Valour (where this your very nice pre-war Knedler should really be posted )

Cheers,
    Tony
    Ooops, sorry... but Emil has taken care of it
    Last edited by jaxmon; 03-25-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typo

Here’s a recent acquisition. This is a Spink & Son made Cross of Valour in an early fitted case. These cases with specially made recess to exactly fit the Cross of Valour (and the uniquely 'Spink folded' ribbon) were supposedly ordered by the Exile Government in a limited quality to award to members of the French military for the French Campaign of 1940. I have no records of a quantity, but it is the only such case I have ever seen.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Better than excellent Tony
    I haev seen a smillar
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here’s a recent acquisition. This is a Spink & Son made Cross of Valour in an early fitted case. These cases with specially made recess to exactly fit the Cross of Valour (and the uniquely 'Spink folded' ribbon) were supposedly ordered by the Exile Government in a limited quality to award to members of the French military for the French Campaign of 1940. I have no records of a quantity, but it is the only such case I have ever seen.

Regards,
    Tony

Hello,

Can you tell me whether this is an original or copy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Mariusz,

100% good!

Regards,
    Tony

ccj
    ?

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Hello,

Can you tell me whether this is an original or copy?

Very nice...

Is that KW original that was gold plated?

Yes, it is appears to be one of the Middle East variants. It's a shame that someone felt gold plating it was an improvement.

Regards,
    Tony

Here is a recent acquisition. I believe it is fake but I'm not sure.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast