Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review

Article about: I need collector colleagues opinion on this cross . As is not my field of interests I'll be very thankful for any opinion . From my own "reconnaissance" I think it is an early &quo

Default Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review

I need collector colleagues opinion on this cross .
    As is not my field of interests I'll be very thankful for any opinion .
    From my own "reconnaissance" I think it is an early "Palestinian" one - is it really ...Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for reviewCross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for reviewCross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for reviewCross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review ?
    Any comments very appreciated .
    kindly regards

Default Re: Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review

Hello countaries and welcome to the forum. You are correct, this is a “Near East” made cross. Grzegorz Krogulec in his reference work on this decoration estimates production to have started in 1942, although this is unconfirmed.

There were two main production runs, with the second in 1944-45. The crosses produced in each run can be differentiated most easily by the ribbon ring gauge. The earlier crosses have a heavier 2mm gauge ring which was soldered at the joint. The later rings are slightly narrower gauge and not soldered.

The later crosses also exhibit die flaws due to stamping wear, most visible in the letter “O” in the word “POLU” on the left arm of the obverse side. These crosses are also slightly thicker than the initial production run, and tend to exhibit a darker oxidization.

Your cross is from the 1944-45 production run.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review

Hello Tony !
    Thank you very much for the very detailed and interesting information .
    It seems , this particular version of the cross must be very common ...
    Thank you very much once again
    kindly regards
    Kornel

Hi again Kornel. Yes, it is one of the more popularly seen types of wartime production crosses. Here's one with its original issue 'hook-eye' ribbon. The ribbons that came with these crosses have a distinct courseness to the fabric with a characteritic dark hue to the amaranth red stripes.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour ( Krzyz Walecznych - PSZ - wczesny "palestynski" ) for review  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne