Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Czyn Frontowy I i II Armii WP 1943-1945

Article about: This is an interesting one. Cross of Front Service of 1st and 2nd Polish Army 1943-1945, a commemorative veterans memorial cross. I can only seem to find one reference to this medal being aw

Default Czyn Frontowy I i II Armii WP 1943-1945

This is an interesting one.

Cross of Front Service of 1st and 2nd Polish Army 1943-1945, a commemorative veterans memorial cross.

I can only seem to find one reference to this medal being awarded and was interested to know more. Has anyone got one? Might be too new or rare, not sure.

Wiki
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czyn Frontowy I i II Armii WP 1943-1945   Czyn Frontowy I i II Armii WP 1943-1945  

Default Re: Czyn Frontowy I i II Armii WP 1943-1945

Dear stefanr,
    I might be wrong but AFAIK this cross is awarded by the ZKRPiBWP, an eclosed form of the communist-era ZBoWiD. Even the address remains the same... Check this out: Zwi±zek Kombatantów RP i By³ych Wiê¼niów Politycznych
    BTW Please post threads like this one in the "People's Army of Poland (Ludowe Wojsko Polskie) 1943-1989" part as posting it there seems to be more topic-related than here...

Regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for the info.

The reason I put it here was the date of the commemoration 1943-45, also, as far as I can find, has been issued as recently as 2009, see HERE.
    Which implies that its not a communist era award, alas I can't speak or read Polish, yet, still blame my father for that, so was unable to glean any info from your link.

Stefan

I agree It's not a communist-era award nonetheless it matches better to LWP threads than to PSZ ones as not PSZ but LWP veterans are eligible for the cross. In the link you may find information on the Polish Ex-servicemen and Political Prisioners Association which, I belive, is responsible for awarding the cross.

Regards,
    Tom