Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Did I just purchase a genuine Monte Cassino cross?

Article about: I purchased this cross. I did my research online and it SEEMS genuine from the images, based on what I have read regarding signs of a genuine cross. Can anyone confirm? It will take a few we

Default Did I just purchase a genuine Monte Cassino cross?

I purchased this cross. I did my research online and it SEEMS genuine from the images, based on what I have read regarding signs of a genuine cross. Can anyone confirm? It will take a few weeks to get here, but I want to be certain I did not get scammed at this price.

Thank you in advance!

Hello Zarski843,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, just a note that in time this link will not show anything it is always best to download the images and then post them for all time.

I have taken the liberty to do just that for you:

click to enlarge in a new page.

From what I can see it looks to be fine with original hook and eye ribbon.

The MCC Nr 37939 was awarded to:

Surname : SLIMAK

Christian Name : KAZIMIERZ

Date of Birth : 1918

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1918-186-III

Unit : 1 Pulk Artylerii Pomiarowej (1st Survey Artillery Regiment)

He survived the war, he is not listed on any casualty lists.

That is all that I could find for you and once again Welcome and Congratulations.

Best wishes

Andrzej

This is incredible! Thank you so much. I have a collection of various other medals as well, and I have been seeking to find a good quality Monte Cassino cross. I am thankful to have a genuine one. Do you have access to a data base of the recipients of these medals?

Also, are you guys able to provide information on the other medals that I own?

Thanks again!

Agreed with Andrzej, a genuine example in top condition.

Quote by Zarski843 View Post
    . . . Do you have access to a data base of the recipients of these medals? . . .
    Soon to be published we all hope.

Quote by Zarski843 View Post
    . . . Also, are you guys able to provide information on the other medals that I own?
    Certainly. Please post photos.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I believe many of them are from after World War II. Should I still post them here to avoid making a second thread?

https://imgur.com/a/FuqrJ

So I uploaded them to an album for now, then I'll try uploading them properly when I'm at a computer tomorrow.

I'm not entirely sure about the meaning behind many of these medals, or the rarity of them. Does anyone know? I know the meaning of the patches.

Thank you guys so much!

Hello Zarski843,

Medals from the peoples republic has are the badges and patches, not really my area of expertise , some of the other Forum members will be able to help with them no doubt.

With regards to Kazimierz Slimak's medals he would have been awarded the following Polish and British Medals and Stars :

Medal Wojska (Army Medal)

British 1939-1945 Star

British Italy Star

British Defence Medal 1939-1945

I hope that the above helps you identify what Kazimierz Slimak would have been awarded

Best wishes

Andrzej

The Monte Cassino cross also comes with a miniature cross that was supposed to attach to the ribbon somewhere. I can provide pictures.