Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.

Article about: Wow, fantastic find indeed! Yes, definitely amazing that it had survived all these decades. Well done on your part to have identified this knight thus ensuring it's continued survival! Re th

Default Re: Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.

Wow, fantastic find indeed! Yes, definitely amazing that it had survived all these decades. Well done on your part to have identified this knight thus ensuring it's continued survival!

Re the 4th Armoured Regiment pennons mentioned, attached below are a couple from Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz's collection.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony and great images of the pennons. Also thanks for everyones positive comments, again it was an unexpected and haunting find. It's over 7 feet tall and somewhat imposing when standing before it.

Aside from overseeing the construction of the knight I read that Bialkiewicz was also responsible for the pennons and assorted decretive ornaments and pins for the ceremony and dinner. From what publication did the pennon images come from Tony?

Chris............
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 06-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.

RoK
    ?

Hi Chris!!! I'm amazed looking all you posted! My grandfather was a soldier from 4th Skorpion, he knew my grandmather in Potenza Picena and got married. They moved to Argentina in 1949. His name, Sergiusz Krylow. Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.

Hello Rok and welcome to the forum. Always a pleasure meeting a family member from the Skorpions. Yes the knight was quite a find, many soldiers had their pictures taken with it. From my data your grandfather held the rank of Lance Sergent or plut and was in the Headquarters Squadron. What was his job, have you ever been back to Potenza Picena? The people were wonderful and most hospitable.

Chris.......

Welcome to the forum Sergiusz, and thank you for posting these pictures. Did your grandfather create that display?

Quote by ChrisW01 View Post
    . . . From what publication did the pennon images come from Tony?
    Chris, sorry, I just now noticed your question. The image was taken from a small book titled “Jak ptaki z rozbitych gniazd - żołnierze tułacze ” (Like Birds from Destroyed Nests - Wandering Soldiers) that catalogs the Mieczysław Białkiewicz collection which was exhibited in Poland in 2006.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Discovery in Potenza Picena, former 4th Skorpion garrison.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thanks Tony and no worries, another book for future purchase.
    Chris.......

RoK
    ?

I will die right now!! can't believe it! I'm looking information from him, because we lost everything, the pictures, documents, everything! I have just what I sent you on the pictures
    I wrote to London, hoping they can help me. I appreciate if you have information about him. My brother and me are planning a trip to Italy, of course we will visit Potenza Picena and Monte Cassino. He made many things in Buenos Aires, working in a factory at first, then building houses. Everything is in my mind, I saw that pictures!! I've heard about that knight, thanks for share it!!
    Ro.

RoK
    ?

thanks Tony! Sergiusz was my grandfather, I am Rosana. About your question, my brother did it.
    Regards.
    Ro.

RoK
    ?

Sorry, my uncle from Canada sent me this picture from my grandpa during the war. It isn't good...
    Attachment 371498

Hi Rosana, apologies for the mixup with your name! To add to the information Chris provided, here's an excerpt from the book "Waleczne Skorpiony: Barwa Pułku 4 Pancernego "Skorpion"., Volume 2" (Marek Wroński) that lists your grandfather along with his Polish decorations. He was awarded the Cross of Valour (KW), along with the Monte Cassino cross (KPMC), and the Polish Army Medal for WW2.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast