Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Do editions of 2 Corps TARAN exist?

Article about: As the subject line says does anything still exist of this publication? Was this publication (see image) unique to the 2nd Corps ? I see TARAN quoted in some Polish military books and I am o

Default Do editions of 2 Corps TARAN exist?

As the subject line says does anything still exist of this publication? Was this publication (see image) unique to the 2nd Corps ? I see TARAN quoted in some Polish military books and I am of the impression that there is a collection that can be accessed?

Regards
    Chris...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do editions of 2 Corps TARAN exist?  

Default Re: Do editions of 2 Corps TARAN exist?

This type of news sheet was not unique to 2nd Corps ("TARAN" was published for the armoured component of 2PolCorps) the Polish Armed Forces published quite a number of news sheets and publications for its service personnel in all branches of the services. As well as almost every unit of the AK, NSZ, PAL,GL each with their own news sheets. This would make a great thread if anyone is collecting them? I wonder if any of the PoW camps such Woldenberg - Offlag produced newsheets as well as their own stamps?

Like most newspapers copies of "TARAN" were often discarded once read so are very hard to find in any great number. Even the "commemorative" special issues such as the campaign histories of the armoured regiments are pretty rare survivors.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.