Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West

Article about: I´ve seen this emblem painted in some WWII vehicles. I would swear that it belonged to some Polish regiment but I cannot find it, so I might be very wrong. Can someone enlighten me? Regards

Choco
    ?

Question Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West

I´ve seen this emblem painted in some WWII vehicles. I would swear that it belonged to some Polish regiment but I cannot find it, so I might be very wrong. Can someone enlighten me?

Regards

Default Re: Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West

Hello Choco,

4th Infantry Division, Polish Armed Forces in the West.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West   Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Choco
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West

Wow, That was a FAST answer¡. And well documented too¡. A "pundit" that I know, insisted that I could't be an Infantry unit.. He'll eat his words¡.

Many thanks for your really speedy and helpful anwser, A.J. Zawadzki.

Greetings from Spain.

Default Re: Does this emblem belong to a unit of the Polish Armed Forces in the West

Hi Choco,

You're most welcome. Here's some more information, although in Polish, containing brief history, uniform collar insignia, and order of battle.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_Dywizja_Piechoty_(PSZ)

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne