Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

First commander of 4 Pulk Pancerny "Skorpion"

Article about: Hi, I will to find some Information or may be Photo of first kommander of 4 Pulk Pancerny (PSZ) "Skorpion" Capt. Bronislaw Rafalski ! http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polish...tari-34

Question First commander of 4 Pulk Pancerny "Skorpion"

Hi,
    I will to find some Information or may be Photo of first kommander of 4 Pulk Pancerny (PSZ) "Skorpion" Capt. Bronislaw Rafalski !
    another VIRTUTI MILITARI
    Can you help me ?
    Thank you ,
    Regards ,
    Igor

Hello Igor,

I went through my 4th "Skorpion" Armoured Regiment references and was unable to find any photographs of Captain Rafalski. I did find mention of his decorations. He is not listed as a VM receipient, only Polish Cross of Valour and the British Military Cross. This may be a different Rafalski, or possibly they avoided mention of his pre-war VM.

I am moving this thread to the Polish Armored Forces in the West Forum where you'll stand a better chance of obtaining more information.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

Thank You,

Regards, Igor

Some information concerning Cpt. Rafalski can be fund under: Lista oficerów WP 1914-1939

Detailed description concerning circumstances of gaining Virtuti Militari cross are available here: bron_pancerna

Unfortunately, the text is in Polish only, however I hope it could be useful.

Additionally, one can find some info concerning family connections of Cpt. Rafalski here – Okruchy wspomnie
    Her mother was Julia of Eysymont Rafalska (1871-1940), father Bronisław, siblings: Kazimierz (shot In exection by Germans in Warsaw on August 2, 1944) and Janina.

Tomasz, thank you !
    I have little problem with Polish, but understand 50% of text
    "... Za walki pod Równem zostali od¬znaczeni Krzyżem Orderu Wojennego „Virtuti Militari” V klasy: ppor. Majewski Tadeusz, ppor. Kowalewski Aleksander, kpr. Horodyński Karol, ppor. Rafalski Bronisław, plut. Łyczko Jan, kpr. Lucht Antoni..."
    Bronislw Rafalski was from first's Polish Tankmans !