Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found amongst WW2 uniform insignia, what are these?

Article about: Posting this question on behalf of a friend: These two small spring devices were found amongst various rank insignia and badges that belonged to a WW2 Polish officer. The likely date back to

Default Found amongst WW2 uniform insignia, what are these?

Posting this question on behalf of a friend:

These two small spring devices were found amongst various rank insignia and badges that belonged to a WW2 Polish officer. The likely date back to the period of this officer’s service, but may have no actual military connection. For relative scale they are pictured up against a hat eagle badge that they were found with.

Can anyone identify what they are?

Many thanks,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found amongst WW2 uniform insignia, what are these?   Found amongst WW2 uniform insignia, what are these?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Found amongst WW2 uniform insignia, what are these?

My wild guess would be hinge springs for a medal storage box/case to keep the lid flipped open for presentation perhaps? Maybe if someone in the forum has a medal storage box/case they might compare theirs to your picture.

Chris.........
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 09-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks for your input Chris. I’ve never seen nor heard a medal storage / display box with spring tensioned lid, but there’s a first time for everything. If such a beast exists I hope to see pics posted here (although I won’t hold my breath . . . )

Cheers,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

No worries Tony. In terms storage box size I should have mentioned it would only be big enough to fit in your had.

Chris..........