Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A group with a sand cast Merit Cross

Article about: Good day gentlemen What do you think of this medal group. Does it belong together? The Merit Cross appears to be sand cast. I have absolutely no evidence that they belong together other than

Question A group with a sand cast Merit Cross

Good day gentlemen

What do you think of this medal group. Does it belong together? The Merit Cross appears to be sand cast. I have absolutely no evidence that they belong together other than they came as seen with the ribbon bar from a local boot sale.

Your comments are most welcome.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A group with a sand cast Merit Cross   A group with a sand cast Merit Cross  

A group with a sand cast Merit Cross   A group with a sand cast Merit Cross  

Are the three Polish medals correct and period?

Regards

James

Hello James,

The three Polish medals are correct and of the period

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi James,

The three Polish decorations appear correct, and uniformly worn (along with the British ones) to suggest that they belong together. The Cross of Merit with Swords has recently been identified as a product of Jerusalem maker Samuel Kretschmer, and is correct for a 2nd Corp grouping. Overall a good looking set with no apparent problems. Shame there are no accompanying documents though.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Cross-posting with Andrzej . . . glad to see we’re in agreement
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Gentlemen, Many many thanks for your comments.

Andrzej, the information on the maker is really interesting. Thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed answer.

Hello James,

Please Credit Tony not me for providing the information

Many thanks

Andrzej

Forgive me - Tony many thanks for your detailed reply. Great learning for us all I'm sure

Anyway this group is heading to Ebay unless anyone wants it

James

Thanks James (and Andrzej). And I in turn will direct the thanks to member Wadowicznic whose diligent research uncovered this information.

How does that old and wise saying go . . .”knowledge not shared is knowledge lost”, or something like that. This is something we encourage all visitors and those who regularly frequent this site to consider. This is one of the most visited sites on the web, with many viewers who benefit from the efforts of those sharing information, yet it’s a shame that so few feel compelled to participate and share their knowledge.

Regards,
    Tony