Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help with DOI for ID tags

Article about: Hi Below are my fathers tags, but am unsure as to when they were issued, as far as I am aware my father went in to the German army at 21 so these wouldn't, I suspect, have being issued until

Default Help with DOI for ID tags

Hi

Below are my fathers tags, but am unsure as to when they were issued, as far as I am aware my father went in to the German army at 21 so these wouldn't, I suspect, have being issued until his reunification in Scotland.

Any ideas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with DOI for ID tags  

Default Re: Help with DOI for ID tags

Hi Stefan,

They are definitely British issue tags, so you are correct that they would date to your father's service with the Polish Armed Forces in the west.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Help with DOI for ID tags

Thanks Tony.

Thought as much, presumably the MOD would be the best bet to find out what date and where they were issued.

My mother seems to think my father was in Kirkcaldy in Scotland, although I can find no info whatsoever for a camp there.

It is also thought (by my mother) that he was near Wojtek who was also in Scotland, Berwickshire, at the time as he was very fond of him and recounted stories, although these may have been the general stories. I know they both visited him in Edinburgh zoo shortly after they were married.

Wish I had started all this sooner. My father never talked much about his experiences and I was too interested in other stuff when I was younger.

Haven't even started on my Canadian side yet, although that will prove quite difficult.