Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help identitfying uniform badges

Article about: Hello Noob here, first post so be gentle. Can anyone help to id the three badges on the arms, not very good quality pic and the scan was a high resolution drum scan. The pic is of my father

Gentlemen,
    My sincere thanks - you have been a wealth of knowledge. For your interest, I've attached my father-in-laws release papers from Stalag XXA. So, thanks to your information, he had been in the JHP, sent to Stalag XXA then released back to his hometown and then into the German Army into the Gebirgsjager Division.

Again, my gratitude,

cheers

DavidHelp identitfying uniform badgesHelp identitfying uniform badges

In September 1939 some of the forts (that made up Stalag XX-A) located at Toruń (German:Thorn) in Poland were originally used as POW camps for Polish prisoners captured after the surrender of the Polish forces at Westerplatte and the Hel Peninsula.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Junackie Hufce Pracy

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks so much for the additional information. I was wondering if you could recommend a site where I might find for sale an actual or replica JHP cap badge
    cheers David

Hi David, The best place to look on Allegro.pl, the Polish ebay. Both the hat and breast badges pop up there from time to time. I don't believe that either of these are being reproduced yet, so you'll have to settle for an original (take it from me, you won't hear that said too often about Polish militaria).

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for your quick response Tony. I'll keep a look out - it'll be nice for my wife to have some memorabilia of her father.
    cheers, David

Quote by davidwillson View Post
    Thanks so much for the additional information. I was wondering if you could recommend a site where I might find for sale an actual or replica JHP cap badge
    cheers David
    PM sent
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Gentlemen and happy new year to you. You never cease to amaze me with the depth of your knowledge. Referring back to my wife's father and Adrian's response identifying that he had been awarded the EK2, can you tell me if there is a site where I could find a list of the recipients of this award which may give me further information as to how when, where, and why? His name was Josef Kedzia however with the germanised version of the name came out as Kendzia. He was born on 2 December 1917. I wrote to the Deutsche Dienststelle however they have advised me that it may take 12 months before they can respond. Any help or suggestion would be very much appreciated. Cheers David Willson

Hi David, sadly there is no database of EKII recipients. Too many awarded and there was no centralised list to start with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default My sincere thanks - cheers David

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi David, sadly there is no database of EKII recipients. Too many awarded and there was no centralised list to start with.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade - my sincere thanks anyway - cheers David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3