Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1

Article about: always great information, have you more info about eugenie downar?? maybe he born in the same town, i will trying looking for more specially the map. thanks again!

Default Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1

Hello im new in the forum, my mother is son of polish and she receive from my grandfather this badges and bracelet, they came to south america from Poland (Cwirki) is name is Mirta Cwirko, the grandmother of my mother came from Radowice. could somebody help me to understand more about them???. Specialy the map at the least of the photos, someone one´s, told us that it was writed in old russian and for years we had try to understand it. Thanks!

Image 1) Jan Downar Lapolski, was my grand grandfather ( don´t know the translate, im from south america), in the back there is a number: 800.

5c41f.jpg at Free Image Hosting

fa3e7.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Image3) eagle

2b96d.jpg at Free Image Hosting
    e6717.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Image4)

47423.jpg at Free Image Hosting
    07b9c.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Image5) Mother of pearl badges

a3d72.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Image6) Map

3a131.jpg at Free Image Hosting
    90651.jpg at Free Image Hosting
    d2d47.jpg at Free Image Hosting
    Last edited by kilmyneo; 12-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Default Re: Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1

Hi kilmyneo,
    Unfortunately your photos are not visible on the forum?
    1) "800" just means it is made of silver. 800 grade silver is 800 parts of silver per 1000 parts.
    3) Eagle I believe is Palestine made for Polish forces
    4) Is medal for Polish forces in Palestine WWII and is the Jerusalem Cross.
    5) Palestine made bottom right is maybe of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem

6) Try posting documents on the "Russian" section of the forum and I am sure someone there will be able to translate and tell you what the documents are about
    Last edited by StefanM; 12-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

fixed, sorry

?

Image 4 .. Jerulsalem Cross.
    Image 6 .. seems to be in Cyrillic - Russian

Awesome information i appreciate

Hi kilmyneo,

Welcome to the forum. I have posted your pictures as a permanent record here. It is best to avoid off-site picture hosting and upload any pictures directly onto the discussion thread (by clicking the “Go Advanced” and then “Pictures Upload” and follow the prompts). I have also moved the discussion to the forum section devoted to the appropriate time period for these items.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1   Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1  

Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1   Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1  

Help me please..Badge and bracelet ww1  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the help A.J. Zawadzki, im very happy by the help in this forum, great people.

?

I'm just wondering whether your grandfathers actual name was Jan Downar, and the LAPOLSKI was added as an indicator that he was Polish ... (These type of personal wrist "Dogs-Tags" seem to appear when in the early years of the war when the escaped Polish troops were in regular contact with the French Army before France surrendered .... (France and the Middle East).
    Can you double check that this was or was not his full surname ?

Regards

Gary J.

Is name was Jan Downar ( not much information about him only i know is that they died in poland, thats why is to difficult to have more information) Cousin of my grandfather Joseph Cwirko...married with Josephine Cwirko ( same last name that´s weird, they born in Radowice or Novogrodek not sure) his son was Joseph Cwirko my grandfather they came to south america in the Arcadian ship early 1935...Uk---Cannarian island---Rio de Janeiro---Santos---Buenos Aires.

?

Just as a side note ...
    There was a Eugeniusz Downar who served in the 3DSK in the middle east, he was born in 1925.
    .. A slim chance they were related, although I can't see them as being brothers as Jan was born in 1914, and an 11 year gap maybe too long.

Gary J.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast