Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help required for identification of Eagle year

Article about: Many Thanks guys

Default Help required for identification of Eagle year

The item below is a ebay purchase i recently made..... It was described as an antique British made silver plated crome cigarette case that a Polish Solider in West welded his cap Eagle badge to that also has the initials LK inscribed to top left hand side..... Can anyone here identify the year of the Wzór of this Eagle? I dont know much about the bages, so i assume from own knowlege is a wz.40 Orzeł made in france or Britain.....

Default Re: Help required for identification of Eagle year

Hello!

It's new model of Polish Air Force Eagle, but wihout hussar wings

ORZELEK POLSKI MARYNARKI WOJENNEJ LOTNICZY (1635412670) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro

Best Regards

I don't think is exact same from what see, Korona is different..... Is there any others from the Army in the West from 39 onwards because if not then could be fake item

Aha, i finally see what you mean Michał, my apologies, its looks as if the Husar wings have been removed on closer inspection, but is this eagle possibly from Army in West or after war period and adapted?

The case seems to be closed for now, i discovered that what i bought was an Antique Cigarette case found around the net for 80-100 pounds however someone has added the Orzeł after for some reason, maybe an attempted fraud, either way its intended for use but is shame isnt proberly made by Polish solder in exile.....

What i need to know really is how long has this badge been in circulation?

http://frontowiec.com/galerie/o/orze...-wojsk_630.jpg

Pi
    Last edited by Cenowski; 06-08-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Hi Cenowski, Unfortunately, MichalMag is correct. The eagle is a new IIIRP pattern air force badge with the hussar wings removed. I believe these modern eagles are designated as wz.93. In any event, the badge has been added recently to teh cigarette case create an item intended to deceive collectors.

Here's a similar piece that just sold on ebay a few weeks back. Also a fake that has fooled someone judging by the price that was paid.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help required for identification of Eagle year  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help required for identification of Eagle year  Help required for identification of Eagle year  Help required for identification of Eagle year 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

i didn't play a great deal for the item compared to price the cigarette case can sell for alone in cleaned up condition, however i contacted the seller and they have some real useless excuse about it saying it was handed to them from a collector who handed in collection of stuff, maybe the seller is also deceived as still seems to say that maybe a soldier put badge on the 1930s art deco cigarette case.

Now taken to a Ebay resolution centre, the first and hopefully last way to get money back.
    Last edited by Cenowski; 06-09-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Totally bogus excuse. They should have no problems taking it back. Contact them
    and get your money refunded.................!

To each his own, but I do not believe a cigarette case such as this is worth
    any more than $10 or $20 - without insignia. I certainly would not pay
    more than that. IMO, it's probably from the 60's or 70's.
    Regards,

Steve.

I got refund sorted, it took more than just resolution centre but they will pay, next time i will get more up to date on my Orzełki before i buy..... Many thanks to all that helped with identifying that it was a fraud, paid off greatly to air my suspicions to this forum.....

I will also make sure keep an eye out for it again as well to make sure they don't try resell under another fake description.....

Good to hear that you obtained a refund. Well done for sticking to your guns!

Cheers,
    T.
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 06-16-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typo!
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Ditto - Glad to hear you've sorted it out and will get your money back !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast