Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID Bracelet.

Article about: This ID bracelet has been on my wrist for some 20 years and I would appreciate any information on it. It came from a house in Uxbridge in Middlesex which is just a few miles from Northolt. I

Default ID Bracelet.

This ID bracelet has been on my wrist for some 20 years and I would appreciate any information
    on it. It came from a house in Uxbridge in Middlesex which is just a few miles from Northolt. It
    came with a postcard of Monte Cassino and I've often wondered if he was there. The only other like it that
    I could find was on an Australian museum site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID Bracelet.  

Default Re: ID Bracelet.

Hi,
    This is a French military bracelet issued in 1940 to Cpl Franciszek Kasprzyk, service number 3538. He served with the transportation unit of the Polish Independent Brigade Group (the Carpathian Rifle Brigade). A very nice item of a Polish Tobruk Rat. Congrats!

Regards,
    Tom

Default Re: ID Bracelet.

Re ID Bracelet.

Thanks Tom, He was the same rank as me so obviously a quality soldier. I shall have to do some
    investigation into his brigade and activities, especially the Tobruk Rat area.
    Many thanks,
    Barry.