Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kapralowi Wolny Władysław 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich

Article about: Good day I am trying to find out information on Kapralowi Wolny Władysław who served with 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich. I think before the war he may have served with 9

Default Kapralowi Wolny Władysław 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich

Good day

I am trying to find out information on Kapralowi Wolny Władysław who served with 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich. I think before the war he may have served with 9 Pułku Ułanów

Born 14,1,1914
    Army number 1914/53/lll

Monte Cassino Cross number 30290

Many thanks

James

Default Re: Kapralowi Wolny Władysław 1 Pułku Ułanów Krechowieckich

ODZNAKA,ODZNACZENIE,9 PU

Very nice set, and the pre-war 9th badge, he probably was with the 9th during the 1939 campaign, I read a book once on them and boy they saw a lot of action in september.

Hi James,

Have you seen Andrzej Suchcitz's book "Dzieje 1 Pulku Ulanow Krechowieckich 1941-1947", in which on page:449 he is listed with the award of the Cross of Valour (KW) and the Commemorative Cross of Monte Cassino Nr:30290. He is also listed as a Plutowny (Lance Sergeant), born in 1914.

On page: 517, he is listed as joining the Regiment in 1941-1946, with the rank of Karpral (Corporal), so he must have been promoted between 1946-1947 to Lance Sergeant, whilst still in Italy.

I also had a quick look through the book "Lance do Boju", published in 1986 in which the Officers and senior NCO's of 9PUL are only listed.

Sorry that I cannot help you any further.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Many thanks for your help Andrzejku. I haven't read these books. But I will have a look. I'm just not sure about putting in a bid for this group. It's very nice so I will think about it.
    James

The auction closed today. Hammer price of 8100PLN, so roughly 2700USD.

James, is the grouping now heading your way?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony

Sadly not. I'm sure it made a fair price but too much for me. Such a nice group I hope it goes to a good home.

All the best

James