Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Still cannot find pic. of Polish para but have found a pic. of Stan and his brothers just before the final battle for Monte Cassino. Stan is second from the left, holding the bren gun. His 3 other brothers are in the photo, one was killed in the battle. As you can see they are heavily armed with Thompson guns, I asked Stan what the soldier in the rear was carrying and he said, Grenades, Apparently it was his job to fling grenades to keep the enemys heads down while the rest went in to the assault. I will try today to find his cousins photo, Polish para, and also a photo of Stan after the battle.

John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Tony... Your battledress... My heart...
    Thank you 3mk for your words !
    Thank you to Adrian for the pictures for my blog.
    I will try to propose some pictures also on this forum soon.
    Ze-Pole

3mk
    ?

Blackpowder to me it looks like a Polish pre-war commando knife but im not sure.Thats a beautiful picture.

DaveC i found a 2nd corps badge here it is World War Two Polish Army Regimental 2nd Korps Badge on eBay, also Badges, World War II 1939-1945, Militaria, Collectables (end time 28-Mar-09 20:12:00 GMT)

On behalf of Stéphane “Ze-Pole” . . .

Posting his beautiful Independent Podhale Rifles Brigade battledress tunic. Lance sergeant rank. Complete with unit badge and commemorative lanyard awarded by King Haakon VII of Norway for the Brigade’s participation in the Battle of Narvik in 1940.

Awesome tunic !

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Great tunic!

Do you guys think im getting a good deal??
    Im buying a m-15 Adrian helmet with its original paint and original head liner for 32 dollars Canadian??That includes shipping

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    I was told that the Polish Institute in London commisioned various badges to be made post war. I suspect that these badges are from that commision, nevertheless thay are of top quality. I collected them many years ago when they cost between £5 and £10. John.
    Hi John,

First off, thanks for posting that photo of ‘Stan and his brothers’. Of particular interest to me is the eagle painted on the helmets. If you have access to any other pictures that show this in sharper focus please post.

Oh, and I am still recovering after seeing the pics of your FS knife. That’s truly an awesome piece! As far as an ID of the first knife, sorry – I can’t help you with that.

Re the Polish Institute / Sikorski Museum commissioning post war reproductions, this is not the case to the best of my knowledge. If your badges are reproductions they will likely have maker marked spinners – either Panasiuk or Olszewski. But there were a host of other makers such as Bialkiewicz who did not mark the badges / spinners – such as the one pictured below. If you are uncertain about any of them feel free to post pics of the reverse, which will often tell the tale.

Polish regimental and commemorative badges have been reproduced in large quantities since just after WWII. The market is flooded with them, and many of the early copies now half a century old have taken on wear and patina to make them very difficult to discern. Add to this the fact that the early copies were often made using multipart construction faithful to the pre-war originals. Furthermore, the shifty practice of mating these badges with reproduction pre-war marked spinners has made the hobby very dangerous to the novice collector.

The following badge is an old copy of the 4th Armoured “Scorpion” Regiment of the exile Polish 2nd Corps. Two part construction and quality enameling along with taking on a nice natural aged appearance makes this one an ideal candidate for the unscrupulous to list on ebay. One like this can easily be passed off (and often are) as genuine, and in the case of a very desired unit badge such as this one – quickly fetching hundreds of dollars.

Best,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Thanks for your comprehensive reply to my post about the badges, as I saidI bought them many years ago, mainly because my wife liked them.I cannot believe that they are originals. The picture of Stan and his brothers tin hat with Polish eagle badge are very blurred so no luck there, sorry.Out of interest Stan gave me a silk woven 3rd. Carpathian formation sign and said that the Nuns in Italy made them for the soldiers and they cost 3 old pence. More photos to follow.

. . . I bought them many years ago, mainly because my wife liked them. . . . .
    John, you evidently married very well !!

. . . Out of interest Stan gave me a silk woven 3rd. Carpathian formation sign and said that the Nuns in Italy made them for the soldiers and they cost 3 old pence. More photos to follow . . .
    Sounds very interesting. I look forward to seeing the pics!

Cheers,
    Tony

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Great tunic!

Do you guys think im getting a good deal??
    Im buying a m-15 Adrian helmet with its original paint and original head liner for 32 dollars Canadian??That includes shipping
    Emil, I'm not really up on French M15 helmet values. But providing that it is genuine with original paint and liner, for 32 bucks including shipping costs sounds like you can't go too far wrong.

T.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Tony

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast