Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

my original polish airborne dagger and some insignia the lighter on the left is made in a concentration camp by a polish AK member
    i will post a close up later

hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Great display wolffighter

thanks

here i have a close up picture of the lighter on the left stands Warszawa and on the right Bergen

and i was wondering of the paratroopers beret is possible? The badge is 100% original but the beret I don't know and i don't know if they put that badge on the beret?

greets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

Wolffighter,
    The beret is not a WW2 Issue Polish Airborne Beret ...

I have my suspicions about the badge, .. it looks like a 1960's issue, with the heavier type feathers and the front wing more cranked at the top.
    Could you get a close up of the front, and most important a good close up of the rear of the badge please ..

Regards

Gary J.

?

Here's a close up of a GR-Tech issue ... note the angle of the front leading wing ...

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

For a picture of the 2nd pattern 1 SBS beret (Used between 1943 - 1947), .. refer back to page 2 - #19 reply in this thread.
    (The 1st pattern was in a light Dove grey - and of 1 piece construction - used between 1941 - 1943)

1 Piece 1st pattern shown in attached image ..

Also, the badge was never worn on the beret, ... it was worn in the standard breast badge position over the left hand BD pocket.

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

Wearing of Polish parachute wing ..

Breast position of wing.

Gary J.

dear polski44, thanks for your replay
    I have made some pictures from the badge, i hope its a good one
    i hope the pictures are good

cheers

?

Bad News I'm afraid ...
    Thats the modern "kirkwood" type which was produced to be sold by the Hartenstein Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek as a representitive piece ..

Sorry about that ..

Gary J.

thanks for the information,
    do you have a picture from the back of an original ?
    i bought this badge from a good friend and maybe he didn't know it either that it was a copy, what do you think its worth as a copy?

cheers

Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast