Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Canteens with pouches are post war.
    What makes you to think that? Or what war are they post, maybe some Medieval war? Even in WWI the canteens had pouches.

3mk
    ?

Polish pouches did not have pouches inless post war. After 1945

3mk
    ?

I recently bought this eagle for $40 was it a good buy?

Thanks ill post more pics when i get it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Polish pouches did not have pouches inless post war. After 1945
    Ok, I see, thank you very much! But what did these pre-wars look like? I'm asking because mine has a date marking on screw 1938. So it's probably a pre-war in post-war pouch or not Polish bottle at all?

3mk
    ?

does it say wz.31 or something like that?

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Tony, ... don't worry .... I really do fall in the over 40's bracket ... but still look 21
    ..... when there's a full moon

Cheers

Gary
    Hi Gary,

Sorry for the late reply - I just popped in here and noticed your post from a few days back. It’s reassuring to know that I have other old timers here with me! But at the same time it’s also reassuring to see that the younger generation also has an interest in military history.

Best,
    T.

bohica032
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes 3mk, they are a sad sight aren't they Here's an example that was given to me. I took this bird in out of compassion for the poor thing.

And to get back onto the "display" track of this thread, attached are pics of some of my flock - wz.19 and the wz.40 PSZnZ with several of the smaller F.S. cap eagle along the bottom. I've posted these two frames previously on another thread, so apologies for repeating.

T.
    I'm new to this forum. I'm Polish, born and raised, migrated to Canada in 1990, and now am serving in the Canadian Forces for the past 14 years. I would like to get back into my roots and history of Polish Military.

I was wondering if you guys could let me know as to where I can find WWII Polish military memorabilia. I love to start with the white eagles, and boy do I love your collection.

I hope you guys can help.

3mk
    ?

I get most of my things on ebay.
    Ask Tony he`ll give you some tips
    Beware theres lots of fake stuff!

Quote by bohica032 View Post
    I'm new to this forum. I'm Polish, born and raised, migrated to Canada in 1990, and now am serving in the Canadian Forces for the past 14 years. I would like to get back into my roots and history of Polish Military.

I was wondering if you guys could let me know as to where I can find WWII Polish military memorabilia. I love to start with the white eagles, and boy do I love your collection.

I hope you guys can help.
    Hi bohica032 , and welcome to the forum.

Here’s an edited reply I sent to a young collector a while back asking the same question:.

Collecting Polish militaria is an excellent way to learn about your ancestry and the history of Poland and if you’re careful can also prove to be a good investment. You will meet some great people and have lots of fun. But a word of warning . . . it is said that next to German militaria the most faked are Polish items. So please be very cautious before buying anything. In fact, your first investment should be in good reference literature and study time. Participatiion in forums such as this one is another excellent way of preparation before shelling out hard earned cash. The market is flooded with copies and counterfeits of absolutely everything. And even seasoned collectors can get duped by products created using new computer aided faking techniques.

While I certainly don’t want to frighten you away, it cannot be over stressed how dangerous the hobby can be if you rush ahead and start buying up all those wonderful old looking artifacts displaying a Polish crowned white eagle. Take it slow and easy and assume first that everything is a copy until it is verified as genuine. And keep posting your questions on sites like this.

Best regards,
    Tony

?

Hi all.

First: you guys have great collections

Second: my stuff, very modest:

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast