Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hello! I'm happy that you enjoy. Regards

Hello Michal,

Thank you for your contribution. It’s always interesting to see the many variations that these cellulose cigarette cases were made in. Yours is one of the only ones I’ve seen with an owners monogram.

Thanks again Michal
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    For some reason this room pic didn't make it into the batch.

And while I'm at it I'll include a rare poster I recently picked up to add to my collection of original wartime posters. A wonderful image by famed Polish artist W.T. Benda.

Also, greatcoats were being discussed earlier in the thread. Here's one I acquired three weeks ago. Lance Sergeant Supply and Transport, 1st Polish Armoured Division.

T.
    Dear Tony i always love looking at your collection, but im hot on your heels and maybe one day..ill get near. i love the poster but rather an unfortunate name for the artist. Not all names translate well into English my g/father prima faciae Bolek!!
    I will post my humble collection starting Sgt Stawski

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Dear Tony i always love looking at your collection, but im hot on your heels and maybe one day..ill get near. i love the poster but rather an unfortunate name for the artist. Not all names translate well into English . . .
    Many thanks for your kind words Robert.

Agreed, many Polish names do not translate well into the English language! Imagine going through life in an English speaking nation named Zbigniew Szczerzynski? And I can’t begin to tell you the many variations of my name I have been called.

Regards,
    Antonio Tawadeki
    (yes, that’s one of them)

[QUOTE=justin1939;78511]I bought this WZ.35 Polish Signals, Engineers or Lancers 2nd Lieutenant's Cap.

This is one of my favorite items.

It has the makers label inside with the place of production - Poznan.

I think the officer must have belonged to the Poznan Army Group.

It also has an unusual german makers stamp inside the sweatband dated 1939, do you think this means it is a german sweatband used as a replacement after the war ?

The chinstrap is made of thin pebbled leather instead of the usual thicker smooth leather, can anyone explain this ?

Here the rest of the other pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Last edited by justin1939; 12-13-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: another picture

Hello! Nice post war rogatywka cap Regards

Some Polish Armour badges of mine which I framed and mounted and a few of my A.K. unit commemorative badges. I like simple modern frames and creating my own background mounts — the badges look better in the flesh than my poor quality photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Another (A3+size) for "Skorpion" breast badge:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hello 4th Scorpion and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your contribution thus far. I must say your displays are truly wonderful! You are evidently very talented with a keen eye for clean uncluttered presentation. Well done!

Many thanks for your contribution to this forum thus far. It’s great to have you aboard.

Best regards,
    Tony

Wonderful presentation and very rare and expensive collections,
    thank you for posting it.
    Mariusz

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast