Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Thanks Guys,
    These two 4th Skorpion are copies.

Thanks Tony, for the 4th Armoured Regiment link on Allegro. The maker certainly spent a great deal of time with considerable skill to craft this scorpion though I would have gone for a red base. I wonder if mjr. Władysław Boratyn had anything to do with the scorpions on each side of the regiment's 'tankers' war memorial monument see inset on attached web page?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

Zak
    ?

I recently was left the personnel possessions of my late father, Leon Zak.

Please find attached photographs of his Polish 2nd Corps papers and his watch, which he cherished. As you can see he has attached various badges from his Italian(?) days to this.

Questions: 1 oes anyone have any idea what the badge with the number '3', with the mine and surrounded by the coil of rope indicates?

2: Does anyone know what his cap badge and uniform insignia may be? I know the picture isn't of the highest quality, sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    Im not very good at exile militaria so Ill let one of our experts tell you,Im sure you`ll get a reply soon

The bagde with the coils is a sappers badge I think?

Regards
    Emil

Hi the answer to youe question what is the badge with the Nr 3 coil of rope and mine ?

Answer: 3 Karpacki Batalion Saperow / Engineers collar Badge of 3DSK (3rd Carpathian Rifle Division).

His rank is Starszy Saper (Lance Corporal) in the photograph your father is wearing the Polish Crowned eagle clutching an amazon shield with a rank bar beneath it.

On the left pocket of his Battledress unic he has the 2nd Corps Engineers Group Badge

Hope that the information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku98

Hi,

With regards to St Saper Wladyslaw Plichta would you like a colour photo of his gravestone, awaiting your reply.

Best wishes

Andrzejku98

Zak
    ?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi the answer to youe question what is the badge with the Nr 3 coil of rope and mine ?

Answer: 3 Karpacki Batalion Saperow / Engineers collar Badge of 3DSK (3rd Carpathian Rifle Division).

His rank is Starszy Saper (Lance Corporal) in the photograph your father is wearing the Polish Crowned eagle clutching an amazon shield with a rank bar beneath it.

On the left pocket of his Battledress unic he has the 2nd Corps Engineers Group Badge

Hope that the information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku98

Many, many thanks for the reply and its information.

I can now investigate further his time spent with the Polish forces

Thank you again

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi,

With regards to St Saper Wladyslaw Plichta would you like a colour photo of his gravestone, awaiting your reply.

Best wishes

Andrzejku98
    Hi Andrzejku, YES!! I would be grateful. I will send you a PM shortly.

Many thanks,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Zak,

Many thanks for your post. I am happy to see that your questions were satisfactorily answered by Andzrejku.

It seems that your experience parallels that of many of the offspring of Polish veterans of WW2, which is to say that these veterans chose not to speak much of their experiences. It is a sad reality that I have seen repeated countless times growing up in the Polish ‘exile’ community and more so into adulthood and my foray into militaria collecting.

My father was very much the same, and it was only after my persistent question asking that he opened up. A glass of vodka always helped. Now in his twilight years he is fortunately much more open about his recollections of those turbulent years of his youth. Although he still speaks with much bitterness about how things ended up for the Poles. In particular how he could not return to a free Poland but rather was a ‘nomad’ for several years thanks to Poland’s fate and the gloomy prospects for those returning from the west to their beloved homeland held under Stalin’s heel.

Please keep us posted with your journey in finding information on your father.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Zak
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Zak,

Many thanks for your post. I am happy to see that your questions were satisfactorily answered by Andzrejku.

It seems that your experience parallels that of many of the offspring of Polish veterans of WW2, which is to say that these veterans chose not to speak much of their experiences. It is a sad reality that I have seen repeated countless times growing up in the Polish ‘exile’ community and more so into adulthood and my foray into militaria collecting.

My father was very much the same, and it was only after my persistent question asking that he opened up. A glass of vodka always helped. Now in his twilight years he is fortunately much more open about his recollections of those turbulent years of his youth. Although he still speaks with much bitterness about how things ended up for the Poles. In particular how he could not return to a free Poland but rather was a ‘nomad’ for several years thanks to Poland’s fate and the gloomy prospects for those returning from the west to their beloved homeland held under Stalin’s heel.

Please keep us posted with your journey in finding information on your father.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Many thanks for your reply.

How so right you are.

Over the years I have tried to teach myself Polish. I could never understand why my father was so relunctant to do so. I do now. A history that must have been so terrible for so many, very young men. When my father recalled his exploits it was one of the only times that I so him cry...

Thanks again.

Tony Zak

Here is a photo of my little collection I've acquired. I am shifting focus from international militaria to more specifically US and Japanese.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast