Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Hello Mike,

Some good questions there. Let’s take them one at a time:

Quote by mmerc20 View Post
    when was "1920" added to the crosses from the blank example?
    In late 1920 into 1921, after the first 3000 non-date crosses made by Albin Rozycki was delivered. The official contract was awarded to Jan Knedler, and some of the production was supposedly sub-contracted to another Warsaw firm of Wiktor Gontarczyk.

When were Bertrand's examples like mine produced? . . . I just noticed on one website describing the differences and am wondering if mine is a "second issue" of 1920. It seems to have all the signs. . . .
    According to the Krogulec reference this variant was made some time in the second half of the 1920’s, in France. These were made as duplicates ordered by recipients of the crosses for ‘daily wear’ on uniforms, or in some cases to replace lost originals. Owning a foreign made decoration (or a saber for example) was considered a bit more ‘deluxe’ than one made in Poland.

There were other Bertrand variants made into the 1930’s and supposedly even post war. Bertrand crosses are scarce and sought after. And equally scarce is information on them. Very little exists.

I will need to get around to posting some Bertand examples from my collection. Stay tuned . . .

I am interested in learning more, I have a good friend that has a very large library of militaria reference books, but being 8000 miles away in Iraq doesn't help to get my hands on them
    It’s a safe bet that they will contain very little information on this cross. Certainly no more than is already included here in the two parallel threads running on this forum (one in the Pre-WW2 section and one in the Armed Forces in Exile).

The best reference book on the Polish Cross of Valour remains Grezgorz Krogulec’s "Krzyz Walecznych”, only available in the Polish language. A useful book, but sorely in need of updating with better photographs and organization. I know of an updated English language book that is in the works, but still likely several years away from publishing.

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    I'd like to see any field equipment, especially Polish canteens. A friend of mine offers me this one, but no one knows exactly it's origin. My friend was told that this is Finnish, which it's not. Some other guy told that he bought a canteen like that from Poland and was told that this is original Polish Army canteen. Do these markings ring any bells?

Propobly its germany canteen. 100% not a POLISH

If you need i can show you some photos of Polish canteens from 1920 until 1939

All you have beautiful collection !

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Anyone saw Soviet made overcoats for Armia Ludowa? I will get one soon
    I have a few, you need pictures?

I suspect that those worn by these LWP soldiers guarding German POW's would probably be Soviet made - ??

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Soviets war production:

3mk
    ?

Tomek, You have 1 amazing collection

?

For Dimas, you looking what look overcoat and uniform AWP

Not my , on in auction now:

War uniform Polish Army on the East i think late production

?

I can contriute a display of some VMs

unfinshed, as descriptions are missing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Quote by dorava View Post

.... and what a story of heroism there will be told for each one!

Very nice collection indeed
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Collection historically significant!
    Great tribute to those heroes!

Quote by dorava View Post

Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast