Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Wow beautiful collection 13 VM. Thank you for shearing it with us.

FAB
    ?

Still digging out the collection. Here are My Monte Cassino crosses that do not have documents. as You can see, this is one of My favorite medals. Thanks,Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Very nice, maybe one day I will have such beautiful collection of Monte Cassino crosses.

FAB
    ?

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Very nice, maybe one day I will have such beautiful collection of Monte Cassino crosses.
    Thank You Mariusz for the kind words, I wish that My display and photo skills were better than what they are. To Continue with bad photos of My collection, Here is a VM along with Gold Merit with swords (both Spink made) awarded to a Polish Female with the Polish Resisistance in France who was captured by the Gestopo and tourtured. Luckly ( if that is possible) , she was held only 2 weeks before the prision was liberated by allied troops and she survived. The grouping also contains Her 2 French Crosses of Honor, Silver Cross of Merit, Her Diploma for the Krzyza P.O.W.N #9, and Her original University Diploma from Wilnie. I think its the nicest item I own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

FAB
    ?

Next up is My meager Polish Army in the West items. Not much but am happy to have them.

FAB
    ?

And pulling up the rear are some small groupings I managed to find.I have maybe 15 pre war regimentals and bayonet collection (which have not dug out Yet) and that concludes My pre war/WWII items. Finding original items here in the US/ and in Poland became almost impossible so My last few trips to Poland I started collecting late 80s- Current Army, Polish Air Force and Navy Regimentals which are beautiful. Have quite a collection of those but have found few collectors that are into them also. Thanks for looking. Rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

FAB
    ?

A few have asked for close up of the backs of My MCCs so here they are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hello Rick, and welcome to the forum. Thanks you for sharing these pictures with us. Very impressive collection! The VM award grouping is wonderful. Does any more of this brave woman's story exist? Also love your 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade grouping. Are all those items from the same veteran?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

FAB
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Rick, and welcome to the forum. Thanks you for sharing these pictures with us. Very impressive collection! The VM award grouping is wonderful. Does any more of this brave woman's story exist? Also love your 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade grouping. Are all those items from the same veteran?

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony, Thank You for Your Kind words. Yes, the Wolyn Grouping is all from the same Veteran, it was one of the last 'finds'.

Yes, Ms. Irene Lewulis was a brave Woman indeed. To sum it up her decoration for the Croix De Guerre reads:
    " Entered the Resistance movement in Sept. 1941 and assumed the fuction of Chief of the Secretariet of the regional H.Q. Responsibility of the Techinical work with the setting and printing of the clandestine journals "Walka" and "Combat", and supervises the distribution of the 2 periodicals"
    "Prepares and organises the transfer of the regional H.Q. from the southern zone to Paris. During 1943 and 1944 ensures centaral liasion service between the H.Q. and the Northern Group. Herself carried out several very dangerous trips and directed several channels of laision between both Zones"
    " Arrested on the 14th of July 1944 by the Gestapo, atrociously tortured, rue de la Pompe, refuses obstinatley to divulge anything, transfered to the Prison of Fresnes, where mistreated and left for dying by the retreating Germans"
    Ms. Lewuis was also very much involved with the assistance of helping Allied Aircrews escaping France. Here is a letter from General Eisenhower, ther was also one from the British Air Marshal, that was removed from the grouping. A Brave Pole Indeed.

Hi again Rick,

Thank you for the additional information and pictures. You are fortunate to have a detailed account of this woman's activities in the resistance. Do you know what happened to her after the war? Again, a very wonderful and historically significant grouping - and thank you again for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast