MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Close ups of the upper row of metal and bullion thread hat eagle badges would be appreciated, including pics of the reverse if possible.

Many thanks!
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

DaBear
    ?

Here's a couple close ups I took at random. The smooth looking one is a Knedler. It got me started, for better or worse, into this collection. The copper looking one I got from France. I like the big chain on it. I have never seen any others like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

DaBear
    ?

A couple of cap eagles. One didn't take too well to somebody trying to fix it, but I can't get rid of it. I have a few in better shape. The dark 36 pattern one I suspect is a field made copy made in Britain.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

DaBear
    ?

Another of my favourites. I got this from a very nice lady in northern England who had no idea where it came from. I have never seen another like this either.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

DaBear
    ?

One of my Gaunts. A 1944 pattern radio operator.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

DaBear
    ?

Oops. I thought I posted this pic already. It is my small eagle collection. I have several questions in different parts of the site.

Hi Guys
    I'd like to show a few items from my collection.

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not. Perhaps a mod could move this if not. But here goes.

My Grandfather was Shipyard Manager at J Samuel Whites on the Isle of Wight. This is the yard where the ORP Błyskawica and ORP Grom were built.

In mid 1940 the Błyskawica returned to Cowes for repairs and it appears that my Grandfather was given a gift of what might otherwise be called 'trench art'. Two engraved shell cases from I believe a Bofors gun and some mounted shells.

Sadly the display also included a cap badge from one of the Błyskawica's crew which was subsequently lost. I have recently bought a modern badge to 'fill the gap'.

I'll take some better photos when the new badge arrives but for now perhaps these will do:
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    Hi Andrzejku,

i recently picked up these crosses as part of a larger collection of medals and documents i recently bought. They all belonged to a guy in the 15th Poznanskie Lancers and im wondering if they were his friends that had passed away. Any chance of identifying them for me please i would be very grateful.

Rob
    Hi Andrzejku,
    This is the Monte Cassino award document for a Wincenty Karasinski of the Carpathian Lancers which was awarded posthumously following the battle, I also possess the Cross itself. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the recipient.
    Thank you Rob

Hi Robert,

Ulan Wincenty Karasinski, Carpathian Lancers Regiment, Born in 1903, Army Number: 49/III, awarded the Krzyz Walecznych, Killed in Action on 21st July 1944 and buried in the Polish War Cemetery in Loreto.

That's all that I have been able to find out about him.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast