Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by 48ppsk View Post
    Greetings All,

Here are a couple of photos of my small library/research area.

Mike
    Very nice collection! Every home should have one ... I very much like your idea of having the tunics mounted in the large frames

How did you mount the tunics? Are they pinned to the backing or are they kept in place by the frame glass?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

That is amazing collection; it must have taken you long time to collect it.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing these pictures of your collection. Most impressive.

I too very much like how the uniform tunics are displayed in the shadow box frames. The effect really is superb. If only I had that much available wall space!

We would all very much enjoy seeing detailed pictures and some more information about the individual items on display. Please do consider this. Everyone here would be grateful.

Thumbs up all the way Mike

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Greetings All,

Here are a couple of other photos.

The shadow boxes are shallow so that the tunics do touch the glass which helps them stay upright better. They are however pinned in strategic areas to keep them upright. One of the 1st Division battle dresses is beginning to sag and I will have to fix it.

I used to have them all on busts, however wanted to find a better way of protecting them from dust, critters, etc.

My favorite tunic is at the office and I will post some photos of it once I take them. My second favorite is the 1920 tunic shown in one of the attached photos. The others show pre-war denim and wool, a naval tunic given to me personally by the vet (no cap as he wanted to be buried with it), and the two 1st Division tunics. The mannequins show the prewar officer and infantry, Hallers army and one 'bad-guy' (German machine gunner as he would have looked on September 1, 1939). The other photo shows my original leather tankers jacket. There is also the bust of the Carpathian lancer lieutenant with full kit including dewat pistol and flare gun. Most of my collection I would have to say is 1940 onwards and I will post more from the back room (not enough wall space).

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Oooooffff !
    We are really lucky to see so many items !
    But please, 48ppsk and Totenhead, before posting your pictures, think to my poor heart !
    Great documents ! Great tunics ! Greats items !

Message for 48ppsk :
    If you can post pictures of your two tunics of 1rst pol arm div ? Could I use them for my blog ? I will mentionn the link of the forum of course
    1° D.B. Polonaise du Général Maczek

Great !
    Ze-Pole

?

Greetings,

Mariusz, I have been collecting since 1987. My first 2 items were helmets, a British "Tommy" helmet and a WW1 German army shell. Since then it has gotten a little crazy. A friend of mine in the United States who has helped me accumulate a large amount of these items once told me that there must be a 12 step program out there to help people like us.

Nevertheless as you know this is more of a passion for those of us of Polish descent and often a way in preserving the "true" history of Poland that was quickly buried after 1945. I have been grateful enough to have been awarded the PRO MEMORIA medal by the Polish government for my work/efforts in preserving this history. It was quite an honor to be presented this by the Polish Ambassador to Canada.

ze-pole, I would be pleased and honored. Do you require better photos--I can attempt to track these down. I do have a very nice tunic that I have ever shown once from the 1st Division anti-aircraft regiment. I will take some photos when I have a chance.

Mike

Hello,
    Priority to the War Relics Forum !
    If you can post detailled pictures (the all tunic) on this forum, I will copy the pictures for the blog about 1st pol arm div.
    THANK YOU.
    Ze-Pole

. . . this is more of a passion for those of us of Polish descent and often a way in preserving the "true" history of Poland that was quickly buried after 1945. . . .
    Well said. This certainly applies to me and I am certain many of the other members here.

. . . I have been grateful enough to have been awarded the PRO MEMORIA medal by the Polish government for my work/efforts in preserving this history. It was quite an honor to be presented this by the Polish Ambassador to Canada.
    Congratulations on receiving this great honour. Well deserved

. . . there must be a 12 step program out there to help people like us.
    Where can I sign up . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A few more of my items, all relating to the same man

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast